Quantcast

65UK6300PLB

Gaogier

Question

Hello

i love my tv

so, I have inherited my nans tv, 43UM700PLA and have this tv in my bedroom. My mum has the old plasma tv in her room and our 65UK6300PLA is downstairs.
My nans tv is running 5.80.15 which has Apple TV app. My 65UK6300 is running 5.20.4 and doesn’t have Apple TV app, my question is, will my 65 inch tv have Apple TV app at some point? I have my sisters old Apple TV box linked up to the tv, but it’s only hd, not uhd. I plan, if no Apple TV app will be on the 65inch tv, I will buy a new Apple TV box, and put the one we have downstairs and set it up in my mums room so she can access Apple TV, amazon prime etc.

next question, our 65inch tv has a small internal storage where the apps and I assume the tv software is on too. Is there away of expanding this with a usb storage card?

2 answers to this question

@Gaogier No, the bit of extra internal storage on some models is (usually) for holding small amounts of live TV footage for pausing, or doing very small amounts of "Time Machine" recordings.

The external USB storage connectors are for using either USB sticks, to play music files from, or display photos, or for connecting a camera. Most newer models have a USB3 socket, that most folks use for adding a self-powered 1TB Seagate or Western Digital (or similar) HDD hard-drive (via the supplied cable), and this can be used for the scheduling of "Time machine II" recordings.

The OS Memory and APPS memory is only on the assigned internal memory (hardware chips) of the TV, and is NOT available for "expanding" in any way, so the apps are always internally allocated there. The size, format and quality of user added external memory is such a big variable, that the manufacturer could NEVER control (or allow) such a thing to be able to successfully use such a scheme. Many users are surprised by such limitations, as they are trying to compare them with PC architectures, but they are worlds apart in that respect. It is (and has to be) a closed eco-system of internal components, so as to work reliably, and seamlessly together.

APPLE TV: Did you check the LG apps store on the 6300 TV? If it is not there, would not hold your breath waiting for the APP to appear on your 65UK6300, but you could call LG support and ask directly. This is only an LG forum, NOT owned or run by LG.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the clear and knowledgeable post.

LG said this 

I have assumed that my tv won’t have Apple TV due to my nans tv which is 2019 (I think) and mine being 2018... but not sure and don’t know if anyone here has Apple TV app on their 2018 TVs I can’t seem to find out anything via google so wanted to know via users on there’s forums