Quantcast

folder.jpg images not showing up in thumbnail view

Question

Hi everyone!

I have an  LG - 43" Class LED HD Smart webOS TV (Model 43UM6910PUA). 

I keep all my videos stored on an external hard drive. When I connect this drive, a SEAGATE Expansion Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD (Model STEA2000400), to the USB port (back, side) and go to thumbnail view all I see are generic folders with the titles I have given to them. I do not see any of the  "folder.jpg" poster/cover art images which I have in included in every folder together with the video(s) themselves. Why are these folder.jpg images not showing up in thumbnail view? I have no problem on other (older) televisions I have (none of which are LG however). Am I doing something wrong? I have contacted LG support both via email and online chat but have unfortunately not been able to get an answer from them.

I have included an image of the what I mean by generic folders in thumbnail view (see below). Thank you!

Peter :)

Thumbnail View.jpg

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.