Quantcast

Hotstar not available on 55UH850T

Animesh

Question

Hello,

I am using LG 55UH850T, however I am unable to find Hotstar in the Store. I have the most updated software as well. Checking for updates doesn't yield any new updates.

Please help.

Regards

Animesh

Edited by Animesh
Forgot to add vital information

3 answers to this question

On 8/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Animesh said:

Hello,

I am using LG 55UH850T, however I am unable to find Hotstar in the Store. I have the most updated software as well. Checking for updates doesn't yield any new updates.

Please help.

Regards

Animesh

Hi @Animesh

I think that HOTSTAR are only supporting webOS 3.5 and onwards, and your TV is listed as being webOS 3.0.  To confirm whether your TV is supported you would need to check with HOTSTAR's customer support.

2 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

Hi @Animesh

I think that HOTSTAR are only supporting webOS 3.5 and onwards, and your TV is listed as being webOS 3.0.  To confirm whether your TV is supported you would need to check with HOTSTAR's customer support.

Hello @George Hofmeister

Please advise how to upgrade WebOS to 3.5. Current WebOS version is 3.3.4-3718 (dreadlocks-dharug)

2 hours ago, Animesh said:

Hello @George Hofmeister

Please advise how to upgrade WebOS to 3.5. Current WebOS version is 3.3.4-3718 (dreadlocks-dharug)

Hi @Animesh

Unfortunately, you can upgrade only if LG have released webOS 3.5 for your specific model of television, the installations are not generic due to the differences between models/years/etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wiliam
      Having a LG OLED65CX6LA 2 FROM 2021 / software version is 04.41.45
      Living in Switzerland as a English expat 
      BBC IPLAYER IS NOT PRESENT IN APP STORE 
      Please advise or help. Thx 
    • By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM,       Kindly update my content store because I can't find the HOTSTAR APP AND JIO CINEMA ZEE5 AND SONY LIV   THANK & REGARDS VIKASH SINGH  
    • By Puja aingh
      Respected LG Team
          Please provide me the app AIRTEL XTREAM and VOOT and EROS NOW this app is not available in LG content store

• By asit619
      Disney hotstar doesn't support dolby 5.1 or atmos on my new lg A2 oled.The sound quality in hotstar is so low other than netflix n amazon due toh the above reason.I checked the app last updated on app store it showed me in 03/04/2020.
    • By News Reporter
      Complete with Next-Gen Cinematic Technologies, LG OLED TVs are Set to Uncover
      the Hidden Story and Shine Light on the Action of Prime Video’s Latest Hit Series

SEOUL, April 26, 2023 — Starting this week, LG Smart TV owners worldwide can enjoy Citadel, Prime Video and Amazon Studios’ epic spy-thriller series and the latest global sensation in streaming television. With LG OLED TV’s self-lit technology allowing for deep blacks and life-like color, viewers are placed at the center of the action-packed Citadel universe and can enjoy the show with intended color, aspect ratio and frame rate, thanks to Automatic Filmmaker Mode.* LG OLED TVs also feature Dolby Vision® for stunning ultra vivid picture and incredible immersive Dolby Atmos® sound, which further elevate the cinematic experience.
      Starring Richard Madden and Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Citadel is set after the fall of the titular spy organization, as two spies attempt to piece together what happened. The two spies embark on a mission that takes them around the world, all while contending with a relationship built on secrets, lies and a dangerous-yet-undying love.
      Citadel premieres exclusively on Prime Video on April 28, with two adrenaline-fueled episodes, followed by a new episode released weekly every Friday through May 26. Citadel will be available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
      To mark the launch of the cinematic new television series, Prime Video and LG teamed up to bring the characters and high-tech world of Citadel closer to its fans, through a series of exclusive visuals, rolled out across multiple channels, including online, in-store as well as digital billboards in New York’s Times Square and London’s Piccadilly Circus.
      This is not a first for Prime Video and LG, as it continues a long relationship between the streaming service and smart TV manufacturer. Both have a combined goal to deliver the best viewing experience to millions of customers across the world who stream Prime Video’s great content with the LG OLED evo superior technology.
      From launching link hidden, please login to view on LG OLED TVs in 2015, to movies and series in 2021 and to bringing opted-in for customers to discover the best Prime Video content in 2022, LG’s long relationship with Prime Video continues to lead innovations in the home watching experience.
      “At Prime Video, we are always looking for new ways to innovate and provide our customers the best viewing experience,” said Andrew Bennett Head of Global Video Partnerships for Prime Video, MGM+ and Amazon Freevee. “Our relationship with LG and joint commitment to customers has allowed us to continuously raise the bar with new technology that enhances the overall user experience.”
      This comes as LG aims to boost marketing efforts designed to offer customer value through the delivery of unique experiences across a variety of touchpoints. Prime Video was a natural partner to expand LG’s marketing relationship given their global reach, continued tech innovation and engaging content. LG plans to introduce more exciting collaborations like this in the future.
      “LG is actively collaborating with its content partners like Prime Video to provide customers with an engaging experience on the big screen at home and beyond,” said Chris Jo, senior vice-president of platform business at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “We are happy to kick off this initiative with Prime Video, whose global partnership and shared passion for innovation through the years helps us provide a best-in-class experience for customers.”
      # # #
      * Available on LG 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 4K and 8K TVs.