Quantcast

lan disconnected

Daniel Feiman

Question

2 answers to this question

@Daniel Feiman First, what model TV is this, second, is the LAN cable  using a "PLA" (Power Line Aaptor) device that uses your A/C house wiring to send your TCP/IP INternet traffic to /from your router, or is it directly connected? If the first one, is  it (PLA at router or TV) plugged into its own socket, or into one of those "multi-socket" extension things?

Apparently this is a known issue; there's another, three year old thread on the subject where folks report getting through to LG support as recently as a month ago and being offered a free service call to fix the issue.  We have the same problem, so I'm debating if it's worth the fight with LG or if we should just suck it up and buy a new TV (since this one is out of warranty and more than a couple years old).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By watchTV
      On my LG 49UN71 my custom input title and icon resets if I ever disconnect the HDMI cable. Can you make it so this doesn't change regardless what happens to the actual connection? See this post for more info:

• By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By Carolyn Steinberg
      For the past few months I am getting intermittent pop up messages on my TV.
      1st one says Wired LAN disconnected, then another message pops up and says Network connected. I have been calling my cable carrier Spectrum and Techs have been here and can't find problem. Also I went to check my wifi on my TV and my user name and connections aren't showing up all of a sudden. This TV was just purchased May 2017. What is going on and how to resolve!!