Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

furkin

IMAGE RETENTION 2020

Question

Hi all,

Long time no see,

I was just wondering if LG ever did get rid of image retention ?

I had a new board and then a new screen, that "guarantee to fix it",,,, of course it didn’t.

It got to the point where I never leave images on screen, so no popping to the loo, making a brew, answering the door etc – I leave the program running, then back-track.

It won’t be long now before I get a new TV, so need to know where we stand.

STAY SAFE and

Good Luck to you all

1 answer to this question

@furkin Take a read of this, as there may be some settings that might help or mitigate the issue:

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Roscoe Miller
      Are there screen saver for my LG TV? If so, how can I find and activate them. I would like to be able to put fish or a fireplace on my screen
    • By ChrisN
      Hi,
      Recently my LG 55" starts with a grey screen with black shades of vertical lines moving horizontally across the screen. the sounds comes on after 3 to 5 seconds, then the picture a few seconds after that.
      This happens every time i turn it on 
      I have reset the TV with no luck 
      LM76 series model 55LM7600-TA
    • By Kaleb
      My LG smart tv has stop letting me view All4 & Now tv. In both cases it connects to the relevant servers and I can choose a programme but after the ads play I get "content not available". I am logged in and on both services I can access content on my PC and phone. All other smart apps (Netflix, Amazon etc) work perfectly. I have logged in and out and my account is recognised. I have deleted both apps and re-installed but they still don't work. I have used a wired connection rather than wifi but this too does not solve the problem. I have a LG TV in the bedroom and this works fine! HELP!!!

• By Jockanory
      Have connected my satellite dish to the satellite in socket and have done a retune on the LG LM6300PLA Smart TV and the system has downloaded the Astra satellite signals for tv & radio, but I can't view anything other than the Freeview from my aerial antenna, or the Sky from the HDMI. There doesn't appear to be a way to select the Freesat signal from the satellite dish. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
    • By datdarndot
      I have a one year-old model 43UK6500AUA, with standard remote only (no Magic Remote). I can find no mention anywhere of Time Machine. Does this model not include Time Machine  II functionality? Must one have a Magic Remote to reveal this feature? I am also baffled by numerous references in the forum to using HDMI , which should not be necessary if using the TV's built-in tuner, as I intend to do. There is also mention of using USB3 for the external HDD. My TV has only  two  USB ports : USB1 and USB2 — or does this refer to USB 3.0 version (as opposed to USB 2.0)?