Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

davexnet

Firmware Design Problem

Question

TV 2017 49UJ6500

The default setting operation gives "Auto" energy saving mode for SDR programming

and energy saving "Off" for HDR.   Switching back and forth between SDR and HDR programming will engage these

energy saving modes automatically

However, if you assign a different mode (minimum, medium, etc) to either HDR or SDR programming no matter the source,

this mode becomes the setting for ALL sources- and the original operation cannot be recovered (automatic switching between

SDR and HDR) UNTIL, either you reset the whole TV, or you reset the A/V using the mute button 3 times

I don't know if this has been fixed in newer firmware / newer TV's, but it is something I would check before ever purchasing another

LG TV

If anybody has noticed this and has more info, please respond

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Chirag Goel
      Hi All

I have a LG 43LU640H-TD Smart TV. On Power ON, I want that web browser with a particular url should open automatically and not that I have to do it manually everytime on each startup of the TV...
    • By radtek2
      I have been trying for 2 days to get ARC to send audio to my new Anthem AVR from streaming sources. First off I installed a new Premium certified HDMI cable. I have enabled ARC and the Simplink (CEC) in the LG, digital sound is set it to Auto. I have enabled the same (ARC and CEC in the Anthem AVR. I always get the screen on the Anthem displaying "No Signal"! Is there some other hidden or hard to find setting to get the LG's ARC channel to work properly? Anyone else been through this problem and found a solution?
    • By Kuriko
      I have a LG OLED C9 and use a soundbar with optical. If I use Bluetooth headphones and terminate the connection, the webOS always jumps back to internal speakers, which I don't use. Is there any way to set it to automatically return the soundbar (optical)?
    • By LG 55UM7300
      I am a LG 55UM7300 user, usually using Airplay.
      I can watch Youtube's CC subtitles but Auto-generated one. 
      Got disappointed.  The great majority of  Youtubes are on  Auto-generated one, not CC.
       I really want to watch Youtube with Auto-generated subtitles.
      I found out that Chromecast can display it, so Why not via Airplay? 

ps.  Even CC subtitles are displayed at weird position when via Airplay, not in the middle but left side.
    • By rd.prasanna
      Hi Team,

i had brought LG 49UJ75 from UAE and now i moved back india,
      while tring to change the location to india, its not listed in the TV,  when i googled how to change location i came to know it can be done using service remote.
      now what code should i enter so that my TV can allow me to select India as my locationa and i can download HOTSTAR which is not availabe in 
      Area Option : 4971
      Continent Index :107
      Language & country : JA
      HW Steeings : AJ JA IL
      these are the current setting in TV.

Kindly provide me the setting which enable india location.
      Thanks in advance
      Prasanna