Quantcast

Firmware Design Problem

Question

TV 2017 49UJ6500

The default setting operation gives "Auto" energy saving mode for SDR programming

and energy saving "Off" for HDR.   Switching back and forth between SDR and HDR programming will engage these

energy saving modes automatically

However, if you assign a different mode (minimum, medium, etc) to either HDR or SDR programming no matter the source,

this mode becomes the setting for ALL sources- and the original operation cannot be recovered (automatic switching between

SDR and HDR) UNTIL, either you reset the whole TV, or you reset the A/V using the mute button 3 times

I don't know if this has been fixed in newer firmware / newer TV's, but it is something I would check before ever purchasing another

LG TV

If anybody has noticed this and has more info, please respond

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By DaveM
      Following a recent update my TV keeps powering off (going into standby) and then takes several minutes to turn back on.
      I've been through all the troubleshooting steps including a full reset, unplugging all cables etc.
      I ordinarily have 3 devices connected to the TV - a Sony Amp (sky, pc, firestick), a nintendo switch and a PS5. The latter two using eARC for audio.   It has been set up this way since January with no changes or any issues at all.
      Recently a software update was pushed out and the issue first started within minutes afterwards and has since it has been a nightmare.  The TV will often go into standby after a few minutes use and will not turn back on.  Even properly pulling the power makes no difference.  The device will go to turn on and then click back into standby with the red light lit.  There has since been another update which I thought may be a fix for the issue but wasn't.
      I did find that pulling all the HDMI cables and turning it back on seemed to help it turn on but recently that hasn't been helping either.  The only "fix" is to wait about ten minutes where it will then usually turn on. IF the device stays on for more than 10 minutes it largely seems to then stay on without issue.
      I have tried doing various things like disabling CEC control incase something was sending a bad HDMI signal but that hasn't helped and obviously causes issues for the eARC devices.  
      Any ideas of anything to try, whether itmight be a s/w issue or is just a hardware failure? Thanks 
    • By [email protected]
      I have a couple of LG OLEDs in shared spaces, with external speakers, one via optical and the other via analog jack (confusingly named headphones). Whenever bluetooth headphones are used and then disconnected, the TV reverts to "internal" terrible audio. For non-technical people this is permanent. Do I have to train everyone to select the device from the long list or can I set a default?

• By neisman
      On my oled55bxpua, how do I use Bluetooth connected to my hearing aids and internal speakers at the same time?
      Currently if I use Bluetooth, the internal speakers are turned off. This happens even if I choose Bluetooth + Internal speakers.
      In this case I am the only one who can hear the TV.