Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Artur__

What are 55SM8600 supported subtitle formats?

Question

Hello,

55SM8600 TV player plays video mp4, but it does not read subtitles. Name of video file is "A Journey to the End of Time.mp4", name of subtitles file is "A Journey to the End of Time.srt", they are in same directory of course. There are no other files with same name. Any computer video player reads both files without problem - exactly same files.

I attached subtiles file - should smart TV read it? If not, then what should be format? Please point to a working sample.

A Journey to the End of Time.srt

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PhylipR
      Hopefully more people will see this solution to an old problem if I start this new thread,rather than just replying and getting tacked on to another thread where many are seeking a solution. 
      The  problem of " Wired Lan cable disconnected- Wired cable connected" is a simple fix. 
      First go to settings scroll down to General-scroll down to Home/Store mode and change to Store Mode. Then when Store Mode screen displays go again to settings and again to General scroll all the way down till you reach "Store Mode Settings" you will then see an option to "Turn Off Notifications" turn it off exit and turn TV back to "Home" and no more annoying messages in the upper corner of your TV. 
      I am assuming this action will also turn off notifications for updates to apps etc. but it is an easy enough thing to check them once in awhile for any possible updates. 
      Initiating this fix is a blessing as far as I am concerned as I was going to dump my LG and buy another brand saved money and sanity. Hope my post helps some of you!
    • By LuisM
      Hello,
      It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitles ruin the watching experience a bit because they're too bright on HDR content :( The gray option nearly identical to white.
      Also support for more subtitle formats such as PGS would be great, it would remove the need to have an external device for video playback and improve the overall experience.
      Regards
      Luís

• By dankoj
      Is there an LG WebOS-TV App that allows the simple play of a video file from an SMB (Windows) share. DNLA is very inconvenient, and there are no user access rights.
      I want to browse shared folders (from my NAS), select a video file, click, watch, and then delete it.
    • By Anoop V Poulose
      Can I install My Player on my LG TV?
      TV Model UM7780 
      Year 2019
    • By Sur Partha
      I want to install MX Player on my LG Smart TV. I checked LG Play store for content. It is not available. Is it possible ?
      Regards,
      Partha