Quantcast

What are 55SM8600 supported subtitle formats?

Artur__

Question

Hello,

55SM8600 TV player plays video mp4, but it does not read subtitles. Name of video file is "A Journey to the End of Time.mp4", name of subtitles file is "A Journey to the End of Time.srt", they are in same directory of course. There are no other files with same name. Any computer video player reads both files without problem - exactly same files.

I attached subtiles file - should smart TV read it? If not, then what should be format? Please point to a working sample.

A Journey to the End of Time.srt

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Guy Katz
      this one blows my mind and I dont get how no one complains about this every day
      the built in player by LG does NOT play loseless audio an can NOT pass it even via eArc !!!
      the TV HW is fully capable of doing this. as an example, if you plug in an nvidia shield where the shield is the player, connect the shield to the TV via HDMI and another HDMI to the eArc straight to supporting a supporting eArc component there are no issues... its the LG Built in player that does not support it !!! 
      I bought my TV with eArc exactly to be able to use the built in player (connect to a NAS with my media) and enjoy Atmos. 
      LG, please fix this historical fiasco. its unacceptable!
      thanks for reading...
    • By Gecko64
      Hello, the wifi of my smart TV is broken since the last update.
      The remote control from my phone too when i use an opérational ethernet connection.

Tried : 
      Full setting reset
      Reboot
      Power reset

Observed :
      After the power reset and unplugged during at least 10 min, the WiFi networks was at new listed but impossible to connect, it says WiFi network not found.
      After a new power off, the searching of wifi networks didn't end without result.
      The remote control also lag a lot each 10 seconds and during 3 or 4 seconds.

TV Informations :
      Model : 49SJ800V-ZB
      Devide Name : [LG] webOS TV SJ800V
      Serial Number : 711MAVDM8903
      webOS TV Version : 3.9.0-62709 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
      MAC  Wired : 38:8C:50:F3:2B:5D
      MAC Wireless : 7C:1C:4E:A0:E8:C7 
      ESN : LGTV20171=11002626448
      VSN : 5DBF066A
      Widevine : LGTV17CLGE005126094

Question :
      Is there a way to downgrade by putting the firmware on a USB Key with a FAT 32 filesystem on to be sure it could be read by the TV ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• By OmoDeCarton
      As the title, is there a way to see the satellite quality and power of the signal for every channel? Is seems not... I have the last WebOs version, the 6.
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By ccorreia
      We need DS Video app for Sinology NAS. samsung already has it.