Steam link

Tiago Barbosa

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes, this is actually the reason I am sticking with Samsung.

On a Samsung TV you can stream your media like netflix, etc and Steam games without any other devices so you can hang them anywhere:

• In your bedroom, for example on one of those TV lifts.
  • You do not need a TV cupboard anymore in your living room.
  • You can even hang one in your garden with water proofing.
  • On any wall, anywhere within your home network.
  • Also saves a lot of cables and money on buying cupboards and/or game consoles.

With a LG WebOS TV you still need to buy a Steam Link, nVidia Shield, Xbox or Playstation,  this really is a major bottleneck with the possibilities for where you can use an LG TV and still enjoy all your content.

Maybe it is a license with Steam or something to publish this app but it will make the opportunities endless for the people that have a decent Steam PC or Laptop, no more unnecessary apparatus around your TV and more TV's around the house with all your content :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kevin knauss
      The symbolic link within the PC's Pictures  folder is displayed by the LG Webos Photo app as a folder, but when clicked, the app says that the device is not connected. The existing folders under Pictures on the PC do work using the LG Webos Photo app. The symbolic link works properly on the PC itself, so it's not a problem with creating it using mklink. Any ideas? Thanks.
    • By Greatman dd
      Please Add Discovery Plus in LG WebOS
    • By npjrogers
      For once lets be ahead of the curve and put Discovery+on the LG app store.. or at lease enable it in the WebOs browser
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By Alex
      LG and Qualcomm announced plans to show off a new automotive infotainment platform running LG's webOS on Qualcomm's Snapdragon Automotive Development Platform (ADP). The new platform will run LG's Linux-based webOS Open Source Edition 2.0 and marks a new entrant into the auto OS space after Apple's Carplay and Google's Android Auto.
      LG has announced no specific details on how cars and drivers will benefit from webOS support, nor whether the system would operate in tandem with smartphones like Apple and Google products or as a standalone service. For its part, Qualcomm happily bragged of Snapdragon's capabilities in the car, including the power to drive high-res passenger and rear-seat entertainment displays with advanced graphics and ultra HD streaming provided by 5G networks.
      Smartphone fans remember webOS as the system that drove Palm's comeback Palm Pre devices, and was later passed among tech giants until it landed at LG running various devices including smart TVs and wearables. LG and Qualcomm plan to show a reference platform for the new collaboration in January at CES 2020 in Las Vegas.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view