Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

amacias47

gigabit on a smart tv

Question

can I use the Cable Matters Adapter USB Ethernet USB 3.0 on my lg oled c9 series tv.  even if im using a 10/100 mps fast port switch, and plug it in to 1 of my fast port ethernet plug in and will i get the same  result?(meaning  as if i were to plug it in directly from  my ethernet cable and straight to my tv?)'\ wand where do i dpwnload the app to check the speed of usb cable adapter...thankyou all in advance....

3 answers to this question

Someone got a device working on an LG TV, but i did not see a model mentioned. It HAS to go into the USB 3.0 port though, so if you TV has one, give it a go.

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

FYI: the LG the user had in his post on the PLEX.TV forums was an LG 65UJ750V. Another user found this type also useful on a similar LG TV:
"if the TV carries a USB3 port get something like this

My LG just went from its native ethernet limit up to 160Mbps. Batman Gotham by Gaslight (being the highest bitrate I have) now happily plays back on my LG without any hint of a buffer. Its still gonna be the ATV 4K as my default, however I can now play all Dolby Vision files in Plex on my LG"
NOTE: a more up to date adaptor is also available, may be better still. See:

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question about speed testing. As it is a LAN adaptor, you need to do a LAN speed test (although it might be skewed by the fact that is converts signals to USB standards). However, this tool below can be installed on Windows or MacOS, and is only $10 for a single user licence. It seems to be well reviewed, and has lots of options. You will need to install it onto a laptop, and connect it to your interface and test it that way (or possibly via your home network IF you know that specific IP address for the adapter connection).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By Void Toast
      Please consider adding a new menu for 2017 OLED's  in HDR Game mode preset called "Static Tone Mapping" to picture options with a selection of 4000 nits (default) or 1000 nits.
      The reason so many complain about dim HDR on 2017 OLED's is down to an overly tone mapped image, game consoles HDR titles are mastered in 1000 nits range, LG's default tone mapping is set to 4000 nits and because the consoles do not send any HDR metadata, LG tone maps 1000 nits content to 4000 nits. We know this is the cause as advanced tools like HD Fury Vertex can trick the TV into thinking it's 1000 nits content and give correct looking HDR (very complex thing to setup far beyond normal users).
      This is entirely fixable by giving us a menu under game mode to force the TV to tone map to 1000 nits instead. If you read around online I'm almost certain this is what the special "Active HDR dynamic contrast = low" under Cinema mode does but this setting is not the same under any other preset.  Maybe the "Active HDR" trick is not possible under game mode but forcing the TV to 1000 nits tone mapping is because the HD Fury Vertex can do it so the TV has the capability.
      The 2018 models do not have this issue as they have "Dynamic Tone Mapping" under picture options so please throw us 2017 owners a bone on this, thanks.
      (Yes game consoles could possible fix this by sending metadata but that's unlikely).
    • By Bob Wolkowitz
      I have two LG OLEDs.  I have given each a name in the WebOS.  Occasionally when a TV is powered on, I am first requested to enter the TV name along with the dialog to enter text with  the on screen keyboard.  I can enter anything and it is accepted and I get past that screen and then normal operation follows.  This happens on both TVs albeit only occasionally.   It is a real nuisance when this happens and I see no need for this.
      Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a solution to disable this behavior?  Is there some setting that I have missed?
      Thanks,
      Bobby
    • By Christonian
      Screen flickers real bad and seems to be getting worse over time should I make a claim it is only month and half old or this normal, now it is doing this every few minutes?
      LG C9 made in April 2020 bought in early August
      IMG-1198.MOV