Quantcast

LG oled tv can’t connect to Alexa no app

Coxy

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jim11787
      New setup and I can’t change channels using tv magic remote- I have to use set top box remote. Verified setup with LG tech today and it is correct. Upon him checking for solutions he said there is a software bug that is not allowing the magic remote to change channels. Stated a fix is in works but doesn’t know when it will be available. Asked for a supervisor and was told one would call back in a few hours but they didn’t. I can return the tv now but was wondering if others are having this issue and for how long. I don’t want to get stuck with a tv with multiple remotes. 
    • By SailorMoon
      Hello,
      I have a problem with my new LG OLED G2 newest version 4 firmware.
      I tried sorting my satellite channels with chansort programm from github, because sorting them with the tv remote is a pain.
      When I try to sort them with the remote and have selected about 10 or more channels all the selected channels get suddenly getting deselected, so I can only select up to 10 at a time  to 
      sort them -> must be some kind of firmwarebug? 
      After exporting the channellist to a usb stick then editing it with chansort an importing it back into the tv all my channels are gone, all transponderns are deleted.
      First I thought it was a charsort problem but all channels and transponders get also deleted when I simply export them to a usb drive an import them back, without editing the file at all.
      Does someone know how to fix this problem? 
      And yes I´ve done multiple factory resets -> did not fix any of this behaviour.
      I also discoverd another bug the deletes all channels, because I needed to reboot the tv I searched for a reboot option in the tvs menu, but there is no reboot option.
      To do a full reboot (except from forcing it through cutting the tvs power) you can deselect the privicy agreements, after that the tv reboots, but then all channels are gone too.

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By News Reporter
      American Street Artist and Social Activist, Shepard Fairey Chooses LG OLED as His
      Digital Canvas at Frieze LA

SEOUL, Mar. 1, 2024 — At Frieze Los Angeles 2024, LG OLED is joining forces with Shepard Fairey, the acclaimed contemporary street artist, social activist and founder of OBEY street wear, to bring street art into the realm of transformative digital expression. LG OLED, the ultimate digital canvas, is interwoven with Shephard’s physical works and the exhibition space itself to deliver a compelling sensory experience at LA’s annual art extravaganza.
      Themed Peace and Justice, the exhibition features a selection of Shepard Fairey’s instantly-recognizable work; hand-picked by the artist himself and drawing attention to some of the most pressing issues facing society today. Fairey blurs the boundary between traditional and commercial art, employing type and image to create vibrant pieces that offer bold, memorable visuals and thoughtful social critique.
      Although street art is, by its nature, an outdoor art form, Shepard is unafraid to embrace the digital medium, deftly uniting physical and virtual elements to add a new dimension to his artistic practice. Through the collection Peace and Justice, with support from LG OLED, the exhibition space at Frieze LA becomes an extension of Shepard’s distinctive art, delivering his unique creative vision in an innovative and highly original way.
      Reimagined for Frieze LA, the artist’s captivating Damaged Wrong Path Mural combines several iconic pieces from the artist’s well-received solo show, Damaged (2017). The clever deployment of LG OLED TVs brings fresh energy and a new dynamic to the large, complex piece.
      Leveraging the image accuracy made possible by LG OLED’s pixel-level control, Shepard amplifies the impact of this visually striking mural while imbuing it with a ‘newness’ that may surprise those familiar with the work. Shepard and LG OLED’s exclusive exploration of digital art also serves as a masterclass in the harmonious fusion of art and technology.
      “Art is about so much more than aesthetics; it should spur challenging conversations, broach meaningful topics and push us to feel uncomfortable emotions,” said Shepard Fairey. “The works included in my collaboration with LG OLED were chosen with these things in mind, and to demonstrate to audiences that the combining of art and technology can drive artistic practice and expression into new and rewarding territory.”
      “LG OLED is delighted to join with Shepard Fairey to push artistic boundaries and engage and inspire visitors at Frieze LA,” said Kate Oh, vice president of the Brand Communication Division at the LG Home Entertainment Company. “We remain steadfast in our commitment to the arts and will continue to support artists who share our passion for innovation and for making a positive difference.”
      LG OLED is dedicated to introducing more people to the exciting, always-evolving world of digital art. Through its LG OLED ART initiatives, the LG OLED brand continues to celebrate the fusion of art and technology, and connect with art enthusiasts from all around the globe.
      Join the LG OLED ART journey – visit the
      link hidden, please login to view to experience the brand’s latest captivating collaborations. # # #

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?