Quantcast

DSTV Now app doesn’t work

Martindup

Question

When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 

I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

7C546C26-6B58-43B0-A26A-63BF14693992.jpeg

5 answers to this question

On 2/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, Martindup said:

When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 

I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

7C546C26-6B58-43B0-A26A-63BF14693992.jpeg

Hi. Did you manage to get this resolved or get any feedback from LG support? I have the same issue 

Hi, unfortunately not.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the number of people connected to the DSTV app.

My brother and I got the error at the same time, which is a coincident.

I found that in some cases, switching off power to the TV for a few seconds and restarting made a difference.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition service and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  Voice recognition service tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unless there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By Abdullah Salameh
      My LG SJ850V stopped finding any wifi network about a week ago. The software version is 6.10.30. I don't know the reason this could happen, as it was working perfectly fine a week ago.
    • By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By JRay
      Our TV just did an update and now certain buttons on the remote aren't working, and the TV won't stay on if it even comes on at all you get a dark blue screen and that is it.. such a great update. Now what do we do? The remote batteries have been changed and it still isn't working correctly. We unplugged the TV and then replaced it in.. ugh.. 
    • By News Reporter
      Developed based on a decade of OLED innovation and demonstrating a firm commitment to understanding and meeting consumers’ needs, LG’s Lifestyle Screens present new value and user experiences. Lifestyle Screens are more than just TVs – with their subtle, ultra-modern designs, they are stunning works of art that add a touch of refinement to any living space.
      Many consumers nowadays look for products that can fit seamlessly with their lifestyles and match perfectly with their individual preferences and tastes. Where TVs are concerned, this means the ability to provide personalized user experiences with access to a broad range of entertainment services and lifestyle content. It also means delivering differentiated designs and features that elevate convenience and augment the aesthetic of one’s space.

At Milan Design Week 2023, within the elegant confines of Salone dei Tessuti, LG is showcasing exclusive artistic creations of LG OLED Objet Collection TVs – Posé and Easel – and the moveable StanbyME, along with the LG XBOOM 360 portable speaker, infused with Moooi’s eclectic, playful aesthetic elements adorned with decorative prints.
      The arresting innovations are artfully displayed in sophisticated lifestyle scenes where they are complemented by the gorgeous interior objects, furniture pieces and patterns of premium Dutch lifestyle brand, Moooi, which collaborated with LG for the exclusive exhibit.

LG’s Lifestyle Screens are the stylish, inspiring integration of technology and design. Beautiful creations in their own right, the TVs blend in effortlessly with Moooi’s luxury offerings to suggest a sumptuous vision of ultra-convenient, ultra-chic modern living. The exhibition also includes a special treat that further blurs the line between ‘screen’ and ‘artwork.’ In honor of Milan Design Week and in celebration of LG and Moooi’s creative collaboration, select LG Lifestyle Screen models will be adorned with playful decorative designs by Moooi.

Debuting at Salone dei Tessuti during last year’s Milan Design Week, the LG OLED Objet Collection Posé (model LX1) has reaffirmed LG’s reputation as a pioneer in the field of lifestyle-focused innovations. This year, the company expands the availability of Posé to more regions, giving more consumers the opportunity to see for themselves what makes Lifestyle Screen products so special.

Backed by 10 years of OLED innovation, LG’s distinctive Lifestyle Screens deliver unique user experiences and lifestyle value. Solidifying the company’s status as a global lifestyle innovator and leader in the continuing evolution of the household TV, LG Lifestyle Screen products have been recognized with prestigious design accolades, including the iF Design Award and Red Dot Award.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content