Quantcast

WiFi button in off position can’t turn on?

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I've had the same problem and it is because the wi-fi card is not working.  I have had intermittent internet for almost 4 years and then this happened too.  Technician told me this brand is renowned for it. New board installed under extended warranty all OK. Get price before purchasing as could be very expensive.

@Neil gunn Yes, I have seen this reported a lot to, for many different LG models. They tend to use the same very small module, about the size of a large postage stamp!

I never suffered from a WiFi issue with my TV room, as it is a "wired room" (has a LAN Ethernet cable direct to the Router).  I split that into 4 connections in the HiFi cabinet (for Foxtel box, TV, spare for Laptop) via a comms SWITCH (modern smart version of a HUB), cost only $20 (D-LINK switches work well).

However, that little module ALSO supports the magic Remote Bluetooth buttons, and mine broke after a thunderstorm a few months back. I found that the "LG TV PLUS" app on my Android phone works great as a temporary workaround for that issue, until I can get eldest son down here to help get TV lifted off the wall bracket to replace the module.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By puma99dk
      Hi,
      I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.
      I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.
      The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.
      Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.
    • By Venkatraman Nagarajan
      Hello,
      The WiFi would abruptly disconnect and the smart TV becomes extremely slow when navigating to the settings and becomes almost unresponsive. Unplugged, waited overnight and restarted, the WiFi connected for a minute or so, and again the same issue. The mouse cursor would disappear after few seconds and navigation only possible with the up/down/right/left key. WiFi list is empty and the TV keeps "searching..", even if it lists my WiFi, after entering the password (takes a very long time) it gives a message "Cannot connect to the network, retry" 
      Tried the following options and no luck, can anybody help??
      - Unplug the TV, WiFi router and restart
      - Set the date and time manually in the TV
      - Turn off Quick Start
      - Selected appropriate country in location
      - Firmware updated (No more updates found) 
      TV model: 43UJ632T-TA, Software Version: 06:00:15, webOS Version: 43UJ632T-TA
      WiFi is 5 GHz with more than 120 mbps connection, couple of other devices connected without issues.
    • By Deepak Suresh
      I am using this LG TV 43UJ752T since May 2018 and I was able to play 4K HDR videos on youtube without any issues. I used to get 40 to 68 Mbps speed if I enable the "stats for nerds" option on youtube app.
      But after this webOS 6.0 update.. I am able to see only 12 to 22 Mbps speed and the 4K videos on youtube started buffering a lot. The buffer health is now 2 seconds .. but before it was 8 to 15 seconds.
      in my laptop and other devices I am getting 120Mbps speed. There is no problem with my wifi router and I have tried to connect the TV with 5GHz band.. But the wifi speed issue remains same on TV.
      Caution: Please dont enable automatic updates on your webOS TV.
    • By News Reporter
      LG Calls on Young Musicians and Creators
      to Express Their Own “Life’s Good” Message

SEOUL, May 27, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that its 2021 Life’s Good campaign will consist of two exciting components: Life’s Good Music Project in collaboration with acclaimed singer, songwriter and producer Charlie Puth and the Life’s Good Film, to be directed by rising star Jackson Tisi.
      LG’s Life’s Good campaign gives young people around the world the opportunity to let their creativity and talent shine. First launched last year, the Life’s Good Music Project calls on aspiring, young performers to share their own compositions expressing LG’s uplifting Life’s Good message. Anyone who loves music and can hum a tune is invited to submit an original accompaniment based on the 2021 version of the Life’s Good song, produced by Charlie Puth. The talent behind the winning entries will receive OLED TVs along with other LG products and the opportunity to complete and perform the song with Puth.
      Submissions to the Life’s Good Music Project can be made by posting to Instagram or YouTube with the hashtag #LifeisGoodMusic_LG until June 27. Full entry details can be found .
      “I can’t wait to listen to everyone’s submissions and hear their take on the melody and chorus,” said Puth. “Music has always been a source of healing and empowerment for me, and I know this is going to be a memorable experience for everyone.”
      This year’s Life’s Good Film will be directed by Jackson Tisi, who won Gold at the Young Director Award 2020 for his moving short documentary, LEON. LG is further challenging the next generation of filmmakers to visually capture the moments and places that have meaning in their lives and how they interpret LG’s Life’s Good philosophy.
      The accompanying Life’s Good Film Project is intended to convey a universal message of hope and celebrate the diversity of experiences and viewpoints of young auteurs from all over the globe through their inspiring, unique stories. Submissions can be made by posting to Instagram or YouTube with the hashtag #LifeisGoodFilm_LG until June 27. Details for participation in the Life’s Good Film Project can be seen .
      “I believe there’s something profound in our everyday thoughts and the places we go to seek inspiration or solace,” said Tisi. “By sharing what we find in our everyday, this film will convey a resonating message of what life still holds.”
      To accompany the 2021 Life’s Good campaign, LG has also created a brand channel on offering a variety of cheerful GIF stickers – including those from both the Life’s Good Music Project and Life’s Good Film Project – for use on Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and other social platforms.
      For more on the 2021 Life’s Good campaign, stay tuned to LG’s and .
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By vedosweb
      I wonder why wifi settings are not saved automatically in the smartTV, this is a basic need, this feature should be priority in upcoming updates, this a must feature.

Thanks.