Quantcast

WiFi button in off position can’t turn on?

Neil gunn

Question

2 answers to this question

I've had the same problem and it is because the wi-fi card is not working.  I have had intermittent internet for almost 4 years and then this happened too.  Technician told me this brand is renowned for it. New board installed under extended warranty all OK. Get price before purchasing as could be very expensive.

@Neil gunn Yes, I have seen this reported a lot to, for many different LG models. They tend to use the same very small module, about the size of a large postage stamp!

I never suffered from a WiFi issue with my TV room, as it is a "wired room" (has a LAN Ethernet cable direct to the Router).  I split that into 4 connections in the HiFi cabinet (for Foxtel box, TV, spare for Laptop) via a comms SWITCH (modern smart version of a HUB), cost only $20 (D-LINK switches work well).

However, that little module ALSO supports the magic Remote Bluetooth buttons, and mine broke after a thunderstorm a few months back. I found that the "LG TV PLUS" app on my Android phone works great as a temporary workaround for that issue, until I can get eldest son down here to help get TV lifted off the wall bracket to replace the module.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.