Quantcast

What on earth does Thinq AI do?

Raato

Question

LG TV 50UM7600PLB and language settings FinnishÂ đŸ‡«đŸ‡ź

I have a big button on the remote control that I sometimes accidentally press. 

I understand that I can use it to command TV. But what commands can I give and  where can I find the command list? When I press the button, the TV will say "Puhu nyt" (Speak now).  Then I say "Sulje TV" (turn off the TV) and TV repeats "Sulje TV"  but TV searches the command from Youtube?! Is the Thinq AI only for searching entertainmentt online or do the TV commands (something like more sound, switch  to channel 5  etc) work in English only? 

I don't see any sense here.

1 answer to this question

I found the answer from technical information. It's below. No wonder Thinq AI doesn't work. 😡

Artificial Intelligence function ThinQ
- Yes (Nordic languages are not supported)

Intelligent voice recognition

Speech to text

LG Voice Search

Nordic languages = Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Finnish

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as recent history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?
    • By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By News Reporter
      Delivering the First Commercial Implementation of HCA Specification 1.0,
      Company Expands Smart Home Ecosystem Through Partnerships With Other Brands

SEOUL, Aug. 29, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to present the first commercial implementation of the Home Connectivity Alliance’s HCA Specification 1.0, enabling cross-brand appliance connectivity through the LG ThinQ smart home platform. By the end of this year, consumers will be able to control appliances from diverse brands, such as Samsung and Vestel, with the intuitive-to-use ThinQ app, providing seamless interconnectivity and a smarter, more convenient home.
      With a firm commitment to customer experience innovation, LG has joined with other brands to bring the elegant simplicity of cross-brand compatibility to major markets worldwide, including South Korea, the United States and Europe. The partnership will initially cover major appliance product categories, such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers, and will gradually be expanded to other types of appliances in the future.
      The widespread adoption of HCA Specification 1.0 to development makes it possible to monitor and control various brands’ home appliances and air solutions using a single application. With the ThinQ app, users just have to register their compatible products, and then they’re ready to enjoy the ease and time-saving freedom of one-stop device management. Those with an LG washing machine and a Samsung dishwasher in the home, for example, will no longer have to switch between each manufacturer’s app to set their preferred wash cycle and cleaning settings.
      The arrival of true cross-brand interconnectivity is the realization of the HCA’s vision for a seamlessly unified smart home experience. Founded in January 2022 and comprising a number of smart home solutions manufacturers, the HCA aims to provide cloud-based interoperability between the smart home platforms of its member companies. As a board member of the alliance, LG has been working closely with other appliance makers, including Samsung and Vestel, to drive the adoption of HCA Specification 1.0, with the ultimate goal of enhancing user convenience.
      Committed to expanding the smart home ecosystem, LG has also actively supported the work of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), a global organization dedicated to developing open communication protocols for smart home devices. LG contributed to the development and standardization of the Matter protocol, an Internet Protocol-based home IoT communications standard led by the CSA.
      “LG ThinQ enables a seamlessly interconnected home appliance ecosystem that will provide new smart home experiences to customers around the globe,” said Jung Ki-hyun, executive vice president and head of platform business center. “LG will continue to expand compatibility between ThinQ and other HCA members’ smart home platforms.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By mix-e
      Yes! Freesat does work on the LGE TV that I have 2021 model. Using a SKY DISH and LNB in the UK. Okay now that sorted out.
      With WEBOS 3.34.95
      Then you launch the guide on freesat the preview window does not display a picture. Just says downloading" If you then select a channel from the guide the TV picture is shown.
      Looks like a bug to me...
      Also on the channel info screen. The displayed info screen box is very big and the font size is very very small even on a quite large TV.
      It would be better is a bigger font could be displayed.

• By Alex
      Samsung has made fridges with touchscreens before. LG has made fridges with doors that turn transparent to show you the inside. This year at CES 2018, those two ideas are finally merging into one with LG’s new InstaView ThinQ smart refrigerator, which features a 29-inch touchscreen that becomes transparent if users knock on it twice.
      LG actually tried this two years ago, with a version called the Smart InstaView Door-in-Door that ran a full version of Windows 10, but it’s not clear that the company ever shipped the Windows version.
      This version uses the touchscreen to manage your food using LG’s webOS software and Amazon’s Alexa, which will let you tag food with virtual stickers and expiration dates and get automatic reminders when things are running low or about to go bad. There’s also a wide-angle panoramic camera on the inside of the fridge that will let you remotely view your fridge while you’re out and about to check and see if you’re actually out of milk or not.

Unfortunately, the only image that LG has shared showing the fridge is a low-resolution shot on its YouTube page banner, but it seems that you’ll be able to still use the screen while it’s translucent, allowing you to tag food directly in a vaguely augmented reality-esque move.
      LG is also touting how all of its ThinQ kitchen gadgets can talk to each other to make kitchen tasks easier. So your ThinQ fridge can talk to your EasyClean oven, which will help you cook food through step-by-step instructions from the recipe app from your fridge. Then, your EasyClean oven can notify your QuadWash dishwasher about the kind of meal you cooked, so it can more efficiently select a wash cycle for that dish. Of course, all this requires spending thousands of dollars replacing every appliance in your kitchen (and if this all works as well as LG claims it does), but it’s still an intriguing vision of a Jetsons-like future utopia.
      No price or release date for the InstaView ThinQ refrigerator or any of LG’s other new appliances have yet been announced.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view