Quantcast

Apple TV + for 2017 LG OLED 65 in TV

Craig Cooper

Question

4 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By visioneer.one
      I have a 50NANO79SNA, built in 2020.   After ignoring the message for some time I finally decided to allow it to do an automatic firmware update.  Started the process then went to bed.
      In the morning the TV appeared to have hung up - it was turned on but had no picture, no audio and did not respond to the remote.  I turned the TV off using the manual power button then powered it back on... I got the LG power-on sound, but again no picture.  Powering it off then back on again resulted in no sound, no picture and a power light that flashes 3 times each time it turns on.  It does respond to the remote (for power on/off commands.)
      Is there a way to force-reload the firmware over USB if you don't have a picture?
    • By seb0071
      I have just bought an OLED 48C14LB, and have mostly got to grips with the OS, except for the programme recording function.
      I tested this by recording the news on BBC1,  via 'Programme Scheduler' whilst watching live tv on ITV3.  All worked ok with the recording  playing back from the 128GB stick in 'USB 1'.
      Having since tried to record something else in the same way, I get an on screen message saying that the recording is about to take place, and I click on 'OK'.
      When the recording starts, the tv station that I am watching switches to the station that I want to record from, and when I switch back, I get a message saying that the recording I have set up is not possible if I change channels.
      Any help wil be much appreciated.
    • By Alex
      UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
      Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
      Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
      HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
      Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
      Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
    • By News Reporter
      First in Korea Certified to Test Functional Safety of Software for Autonomous Vehicles

SEOUL, Sep. 8, 2021 — LG Electronics’ (LG) Software Testing Center has officially been recognized as an ISO 26262-certified lab to conduct functional safety tests on software designed for autonomous vehicles. As South Korea’s first facility certified to test such software, the results issued by LG’s Software Testing Center will have international credibility in over 70 countries and regions, including the United States, Europe and Japan.*
      ISO 26262 is an international standard for the functional safety of electrical and electronic systems found in production road vehicles, as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). One measurement of ISO 26262 determines the probability of accidents caused by errors in automotive software or development processes, a critical factor in the commercialization of self-driving vehicles. Certification allows LG to not only test the functional safety of software written for self-driving vehicles but all automotive software systems and AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture (AUTOSAR) that fall under the ISO 26262 standard without the involvement of external agencies.
      The accreditation was issued by the Korea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (KOLAS), an internationally recognized agency charged with the establishment of national standard systems and operation of industrial standardizations in matters related to safety and quality. LG’s Software Testing Center was previously recognized by KOLAS as an internationally accredited testing institution in software quality measurement (ISO/IEC 25023) and industrial functional safety (IED 61508-3) of electronic products and technologies including smart appliances, TVs, robots, AI, cloud and energy.
      “LG Electronics is extremely proud to be entrusted with the world’s best functional safety verification capability for automotive software,” said Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics. “With this recognition, LG will be able to provide even better products and services that customers can trust to deliver the most reliable software possible.”
      # # #
      * According to the ILAC Mutual Recognition Agreement (ILAC MRA).

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Shady
      After updating my TV recently to webos version 05.10.25, subtitles disappeared from multiple programs.
      i checked for updates, but nothing is available 
      my TV is webOS TV SM8100PVA
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ajmboy
      I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 
      Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?

• By Zeroio
      I'm not sure if this is an LG or Apple issue, or if I have to try a different HDMI cable (the package says it's the latest standard) but here's what I've seen so far:
      I have the AppleTV 4k using Dolby Vision which looks great.
      1. When using the AppleTV remote to turn on the AppleTV and LG TV (using LG Simplink), sometimes the video signal is messed up – it's blurry and out of sync. Changing the input to Live TV and then back to the AppleTV fixes it. Sometimes it just works right away.
      2. When using the LG remote to turn on the TV, then switching to the AppleTV the LG Magic remote automatically controls the AppleTV! This is really cool except that if I switch to Live TV then back to the Apple TV, the LG Magic remote no longer controls the AppleTV.
      3. I have the AppleTV 4k behind the LG TV but the range on the AppleTV Remote is greatly reduced and stutters at about 10 feet away from the TV. I have moved the AppleTV to the bottom edge of the TV so it's not visibly noticeable but the range bluetooth is still terrible. Anyone else try to put the AppleTV behind the TV to hide it? Any success with the remote distance? Is there a safe place behind the TV to put it?
      I actually don't have any 4K movies on Apple TV... none of my purchases are in 4k (like James Bond and Disney movies, and a few others). The Vudu AppleTV app is currently not 4k, I heard Netflix is but I don't subscribe to it. The SlingTV app on AppleTV has a nicer interface and is more reliable than the LG app. ESPN has a very configurable multi-view so you can watch 1-4 ESPN programs at the same time. I'll have to buy another HDMI cable to see if that fixes the sync and remote issues.
      Anyone else try an AppleTV 4k? Likes? Dislikes?
    • By Rabib
      Is there an APP for Apple TV? I can't seem to find one. If not, any suggestions how I could watch Apple TV on my LG TV?
    • By Craig Cooper
      Anybody know the easist way to get Apple TV + viewable on a late 2017  Smart 65" LG OLED?  Is LG going to change it software so that you can easily access via the smart remote?