Quantcast

Video from PC to TV - subtitle problem

Tsmt

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 

Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.

First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.

I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I'm wrestling with a similar issue now, on my LG UM73 55 4K Smart UHD TV. I enable "Media Streaming" on my PC, and stream the content using the built-in Photos & Videos app to the TV. Works fine for video content.

I find that .mkv streams with integrated captions work fine. But I am unable to get the subtitle option enabled for .mp4 video. I have made sure that the subtitle file is in the same folder as the video file, has the same name as the video (of course with .srt file extension) and that there are no dots or spaces in the video or subtitle file names. The subtitle file is ANSI encoding. Still does not work.

Any hints on how subtitles can be made to work for .mp4 files?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By Birkso
      Have an LG55Nano which works well apart from when on specific BBC shows whereby whenever there is a switch if camera, say from contestants to host and vice versa, there is an extremely annoying flickering motion that takes place. May sound petty but any visitors comment on how distracting it can be.
      Happens constantly on Richard Osmans House of Games, Impossible, Pointless and similar BBC programmes. Reported it but was told I had to get video clips for them to assist despite it being less than a year old. Life's too short. Any advice very welcome.

• By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By ngvatev
      Hello,

I have LG OLED65C2LA. In mkv files there are often times 2 sets of subtitles. One is at the bottom - these are the normal subtitles. The other one is at the top - for signs and songs. The webos media player handles such subtitles very very poorly. It treats them as 1 merged sutittle track. Both tracks have the same offset. If a text from both tracks need to appear in roughly the same time. It will show the text from one of the tracks and imediately switch to the other. Making it impossible to read the text.

Is there som workaround to this or is the media player just trash-tier?
      Is there an alternative media player for webos?