Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Neversaydie

Invalid Service

Question

I've just bought a new LG 49" Smart Tv. I've tuned it in and all the channels show as installed but when I try to access channel 261 (Racing Tv) I get an 'Invalid Service ' message. Has anyone else come across this message and if so can they tell me why I'm getting it and what I need to do to rectify it?

Many thanks

Neversaydie

3 answers to this question

Hi Nemilose

Thank you for your comments. I am a freeview  viewer and am subscribed to racing tv so think it's probably a compatibility problem with the tv. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem with an LG tv.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Has LG crippled my smart TV

After purchase my LG smart tv was able to pick up DTT (digital Terrestial Transmitters in the local area. These channels failed to work after some time and it was assumed that they were switched off due to the never ending wait for South Africa to migrate fully to digital. However tuning my sons Hi Sense tv the said channels were found and indeed are operational as  digital HD channels Returning to my LG tv i changed the location to digital , retuned and lo and behold the digital chann

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Invalid Service

I  have just bought an LG Smart Tv and have tuned it in via freeview and the guide shows that i have all the channels installed. However I am a Racing tv subscriber and the guide shows channel 261 as installed but when i try to access it I get a message saying 'Invalid Service' with an animation and a blank screen. I had no issues with my previous tv so am a little baffled by the fact that i cant receive racing tv on my brand new LG tv. Is this a compatibility problem or is that i need a flash p

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Easily Add Or Remove current channel to Favorites

When we have thousands of channels and we are navigating through them an option to easily add the selected channel to favorites or delete from favorites would be great, exactly like we do it on web pages.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: How to remove "not programmed" message on top of screensaver?

I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices. But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed". Any idea how to get rid of this?

• Question: screensaver activating while watching some freeview channels on B8 oled

I have an issue with my otherwise great oled. if i watch certain freeview channels - such as now 90s, essentially any of the freeview channels which are delivered as streaming rather than over the air, the screensaver activates after a few minutes even though i am seeing a moving image and hearing sound. seems the tv thinks it's showing a static image rather than an internet delivered tv channel. does this happen with all lg oled televisions? - anyone care to turn on a channel such as now 9