Quantcast

Is there a better alternative to the broken multi-view app?

Question

I have a LG OLED C8 with the latest firmware, it should support the latest and greatest webOS features.
The multi-view app is seriously disappointing:

* Only have one mode (side-by-side) which is wasting a lot of screen space. No support for PiP (picture-in-picture) that is usually the de facto mode in way less expensive TVs.

* Image is zoomed in with about 5% of the screen missing around every borders.

* Brightness seems to be broken, everything is darker as if the black level doesn't follow the settings set on the HDMI inputs.

* Unused background space is filled with an ugly light gray that is very tedious and no way to change it to black.

* Apps outside HDMI inputs can't be set in a view.

* HDR content can't be set in a view (this is understandable).

Is there an alternative in the app store? Any way to petition LG to update this app for additional features?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Unseen, unheralded and often underappreciated, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions are the unsung heroes of modern life that provide physical comfort and fresh air in all kinds of environments. Working unobtrusively in the background, HVAC is what keeps our homes, offices, hospitals, hotels, shopping malls and every indoor setting imaginable blissfully cool in the summer and delightfully warm in the winter while delivering fresh and healthy air all year around.

For more than half a century, LG Electronics has been a leading innovator in the commercial HVAC solution space, supporting its customers to thrive and grow with its technologically advanced products. With an innovative product portfolio, solid R&D foundation and more than 50 educational academies around the world preparing highly skilled experts, LG has been strengthening its industrial leadership by offering a full range of optimal solutions for nearly every sector and setting imaginable.

To showcase the value it brings to businesses worldwide and to share its vision for a more sustainable future, LG recently produced a brand video entitled “Ahead of the Expected.” Set to a dynamic beat, the uplifting video introduces the audience to the outstanding value offered by LG HVAC solutions, highlighting how LG is empowering its customers by providing an unrivalled level of “Integration, Commitment and Expertise.”

The company’s integrated solutions leverage the latest technologies to deliver powerful performance and greater operational efficiency, ensuring a reduction in the total cost of ownership. LG’s commitment to its customers is also evident in the wealth of services it offers, from installation to system engineering to maintenance; all carried out by highly-skilled professionals. LG’s devotion to creating a sustainable future through environmentally responsible HVAC products is matched only by its drive and ability to maximize value for its clients today, and anticipate what they’ll need tomorrow.

Thanks to its considerable expertise and know-how, LG can meet the unique demands of every business, providing solutions that guarantee fresh, clean indoor air tailored to the specific requirements of each building or facility.
      Although they may be out of sight and mind, LG HVAC solutions are right there next to us every day, doing what they’ve always done – making our lives more comfortable whether we’re sleeping, eating, working, shopping or just relaxing and having fun.

Check out LG’s new “Ahead of the Expected” video .
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By SIMON
      LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [  |  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found
      link hidden, please login to view.  
    • By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.