Quantcast

Is there a better alternative to the broken multi-view app?

Pier Castonguay

Question

I have a LG OLED C8 with the latest firmware, it should support the latest and greatest webOS features.
The multi-view app is seriously disappointing:

* Only have one mode (side-by-side) which is wasting a lot of screen space. No support for PiP (picture-in-picture) that is usually the de facto mode in way less expensive TVs.

* Image is zoomed in with about 5% of the screen missing around every borders.

* Brightness seems to be broken, everything is darker as if the black level doesn't follow the settings set on the HDMI inputs.

* Unused background space is filled with an ugly light gray that is very tedious and no way to change it to black.

* Apps outside HDMI inputs can't be set in a view.

* HDR content can't be set in a view (this is understandable).

Is there an alternative in the app store? Any way to petition LG to update this app for additional features?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Earth Day – celebrated annually on April 22 – is a great opportunity for people around all parts of the globe to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
      Shared earlier this week,
      link hidden, please login to view an event with diverse activities highlighting the importance of sustainable practices. Let’s take a look at how other LG offices around the world shared the positive message of creating a ‘Better Life for All’ in time for Earth Day.
      To start off in Germany, the company turned Earth Day into a week-long event through Earth Week on its online brand shop. From April 22 to 28, German consumers will receive a 10 percent discount on all LG household appliances with a green energy label purchased on , not only saving money but also energy at the same time.

LG Germany wanted to fully do its part to contribute to a more sustainable future, which is why it partnered with the local initiative , a non-profit association that advocates sustainable environment protection and nature conservation. As a part of this partnership, LG Germany will donate 10 percent of revenue from the energy efficient home appliances purchased between April 22-28 to the organization. Aligned with Herzenswald Schmitten’s mission, LG Germany proudly supports regional afforestation and providing newly planted trees with individual protection against poaching.

And, to boost sustainable practices within the company, LG Germany celebrated Earth Day in its Eschborn office. Employees received a reusable coffee cup, featuring the Life’s Good logo, reducing waste on single-use cups and even further promoting the brand message in public. Also, to motivate employees to reduce their carbon footprint, the company awarded employees who came to the office by either bike or public transportation with a voucher from a coffee bar located in the building – providing an opportunity for employees to use their brand new Life’s Good cups and spread the message. The company is excited to see how many employees make the morning bike ride their daily routine!

Reducing disposable wastes is an important task, one that LG’s headquarters in Korea is also paying great attention to. In time for this year’s Earth Day, LG CEO William Cho joined in on the “Zero Disposables Challenge,” a nation-wide environmental initiative launched by South Korea’s Ministry of Environment last year to encourage the use of reusable items in public. In line with this, the company called on all its employees to boost efforts to reduce the use of single-use products and increase the use of reusable products.

In Taiwan, the company deliberated on ways to make a difference for the planet through small daily actions. LG believes that doing one little thing every day has the power to have a great impact when accumulated over time.

To highlight this message, LG Taiwan unveiled a challenge on its official social media page, inviting users to reshare their Instagram story template, selecting what good things – no matter how big or small – they do to show that they love the earth! Running from April 22 to May 5, the company will select six winners who will receive a gift card.

Last but not least, LG Spain created a video outlining their on-going efforts to create a better planet. In the video shared via its social channels, the company introduces their Smart Green movement, an initiative that uses technology as a means to regenerate the ecosystem. The movement’s goals include ; to ensure the pollination of countless endemic plants; and restoring the seabed, which is home to thousands of plant and animal species. Already seeing great results, LG Spain reiterated its commitment to work with its local partners to change the world for the better.
      LG believes Life’s Good but also understands that true enjoyment requires care and attention. The company is committed to not only crafting sustainable products but also to participating in initiatives that foster a better, cleaner future.
      Contributed by LG Germany, Taiwan and Spain
      # # #

• By Batman
      I have a LG 43QNED756RA AEK Smart TV 
      If I go to General -> Programmes -> Programme Manager -> Edit All Programmes, I only get the options to Lock/Unlock and Skip/Restore
      So I cannot Move or Edit Program Numbers or Delete
      Any help and comments would be appreciated

• By Beelbo
      Is there a Twitter App for LG webOS? I can't find it in the LG Content Store on my LG smart OLED TV.  I can open Twitter in the browser app, and once it raised a prompt "It's better in the App" but that has not returned. 

Web searches on the topic come up empty.  Either the app is there so nobody asks about it, OR people are really incurious!
    • By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By News Reporter
      To Become a Smart Life Solutions Company, LG is Harnessing AI to
      Expand and Enhance Living Spaces and Customer Experience

SEOUL, Nov. 28, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) invites consumers from around the world to tune in to its LG World Premiere press conference and to come visit its exhibition booth at CES in Las Vegas this January. The press conference, hosted under the theme ‘Reinvent your future,’ is scheduled to kick off at 08:00 (PST) on January 8 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
      Arriving on stage first, LG CEO William Cho will be announcing the company’s key areas of focus for 2024 and beyond. Major topics will include LG’s transformation into a Smart Life Solution Company – declared earlier in July as Future Vision 2030 – and how it is leveraging AI to expand and enhance both the living space and the customer experience. The LG World Premiere is set to unveil more details of what the vision truly means and promises for the consumers.
      The state-of-the-art products unveiled during the press conference will be on show during CES 2024 at LG’s booth. Along with impressive displays, jaw-dropping technology installations and entertaining interactive exhibits, visitors can explore and learn more how its innovations will improve lives across various areas, including the home, commercial and mobility.
      LG World Premiere will be livestreamed on the LG website and
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #