Quantcast

LG SM8100 - Need Help to enter Service Menu

Cedric

Question

Hello, 

I received last week an LG SM8100, and I am trying to enable/enter the service menu to adjust some settings (Store region mainly, and to see few other things).

I know the Magic remote included with LG SM8100 don't let us enable service menu, so I got three different remote controls (1 LG non magic, 1 compatible LG, 1 "universal") and I tried with the three of them but i have not been successfull... 

I tried pressing Menu Button + Button under TV panel during some seconds, but nothing happen (except the tv rebooted), then I tried OK Button + Button under TV panel but nothing happen unless the live tv banned flashing... 

I am a bit lost, may someone help me with this please ?

Thank You in advance

Ced

LG_Compatible.JPG

LG_Smart_OLD.JPG

Universal.JPG

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Saintboy
      Hello there. Please help me. I got an LG smart tv,model 55LA621O-TD,software version 04.28.18.  This tv seems not to have the LG content store,or to be precise it doesnt give me the option to download APPS such as youtube,netflix,etc. Im registered onthe LG account already. Pls help me
    • By Daniel Ji
      Hi, I noticed it's quite easy for my kids to see "disturbing" images in the web OS 6.0 home page.  Especially, in the "trending now" or "recommended" section above the apps (see attached pic).  Is there a way to disable that section or at least make it kid friendly?
      On a similar note, is there a "kids mode" for web OS 6.0 where only preapproved apps/content can be viewed?
      Any other tips on parental controls? 
      Thanks.

• By Travelling Observer
      6 months ago the LG apps menu started to pop up whenever I switched the TV on. I used the remote to switch the menu off. Now it starts doing this in the middle of viewing time. I always unplug the TV mains while not using it. I also regularly swith off the router and wifi. What is the problem?
    • By Melinda Anna Lengyel
      Hi Guys
      We get a new 65UP75 2021 UHD Tv but the Contest Store is nowhere!I tried to go by the : -home button nothing, - go premium no opinion to search at all , - in general search also nothing… Please help me to give solutions becouse it was very expensive and really unprofessional from LG this basic function is not in there 😠😠😠🤬🤬🤬 I mean why have to be so complicated?
      please give me some  advice  
    • By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.