Quantcast

LG SM8100 - Need Help to enter Service Menu

Question

Hello, 

I received last week an LG SM8100, and I am trying to enable/enter the service menu to adjust some settings (Store region mainly, and to see few other things).

I know the Magic remote included with LG SM8100 don't let us enable service menu, so I got three different remote controls (1 LG non magic, 1 compatible LG, 1 "universal") and I tried with the three of them but i have not been successfull... 

I tried pressing Menu Button + Button under TV panel during some seconds, but nothing happen (except the tv rebooted), then I tried OK Button + Button under TV panel but nothing happen unless the live tv banned flashing... 

I am a bit lost, may someone help me with this please ?

Thank You in advance

Ced

LG_Compatible.JPG

LG_Smart_OLD.JPG

Universal.JPG

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MagicR
      Hello,
      I unpaired the Magic Remote of my LG OLED 55B7 tv by pressing "Back+Recents" buttons on the remote, while it was off and not connected to a power outlet. The remote control blinked 3 times.
      Then I turned my tv on and the tv wasn't recognizing the remote, so by pressing the "Ok" button in the remote, the tv paired with it and displayed a message confirming it.
      My question is about the mechanism in all of this: since my tv was off, how did the tv itself forget the remote?
      Is the pairing process stored both in the tv and remote?
      Will there be some "left over" pairing stored in the tv related to the procedure while it was off?
      Many thanks.
    • By Tom M
      Today I switched to WOW internet service and dropped ATT and DirectTV.  I purchased Sling, but now can't add it to my LG TV because there is no option that I can find to add an APP like Sling.  There is no LG Content Store.  What do I do?
    • By Mitali Sable
      I am not able to find the Hotstar app in LG content store for :
      [LG] Web OS LH600T
      Software version : 05.30.65
      Please help

• By Neversaydie
      I  have just bought an LG Smart Tv and have tuned it in via freeview and the guide shows that i have all the channels installed. However I am a Racing tv subscriber and the guide shows channel 261 as installed but when i try to access it I get a message saying 'Invalid Service' with an animation and a blank screen. I had no issues with my previous tv so am a little baffled by the fact that i cant receive racing tv on my brand new LG tv. Is this a compatibility problem or is that i need a flash player installed to stream racing tv. Can someone please offer a reason and a solution for this as it is driving me batty.

• By td47
      I spotted this useful article for those who feel they need to tweak (optimise) the picture settings, but are not sure what do do:

link hidden, please login to view Obviously any experts on here should chime in with their findings or advice, especially if geared up to LG TV models.