Quantcast

HBO GO removed

gobby24

Question

Hello. 

Yesterday I wanted to watch a show on HBO GO on my LG smart TV and when I opened the app, it said something like "the provider doesn't support this app" (can't remember the exact words) and the app got uninstalled right away.
I searched for the app on LG Content store and it isn't there anymore. Also, I didn't manage to find any news regarding the removal of the app.

Did anyone encounter this issue? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Voo Poo
      Hello,
      LG TV running v 05.10.30 
      When I hit my Home button, it shows me a list all my apps.  AirPlay keeps showing up.  So I delete it.  Next time I turn on the TV is back.
      I do not have the app installed  'My Apps'.
      Any idea why it keeps showing up?
      I would like to remove it permanently, or unless I want it.
      Suggestions?
      Thanks,
      tV
    • By wroot
      I have a 55 SM8100 series TV. AirPlay + Homekit was indeed working, until it was not on a software update (should have disabled auto update!). Any wizard out there can share how one can download the last airplay compatible firmware and how to manually downgrade? Thanks
    • By David314
      After I installed the recent WebOS firmware update, I ran Netflix and then the app seemed to immediately uninstall from my installed apps on TV (LG E9). I say it is no longer installed, as it does not appear in my installed apps, or app dashboard/bar. 

I go to LG content store and attempt to install Netflix app and click "INSTALL",  after downloading, a response is displayed "Application has not been installed, try again".  I repeat with no success.
      Any help here is appreciated. Is this a known problem? I just need to know if a fix is forthcoming?
      Thanks,
      David

FYI: I note in LG Content Store, Netflix Version is listed as 1.4.86 (Updated: 11/05/2019). While the update date is obviously recent, the version seems very old (only speculating here).