Quantcast

AirPlay + HomeKit Support removed, downgrade firmware possible?

wroot

Question

I have a 55 SM8100 series TV. AirPlay + Homekit was indeed working, until it was not on a software update (should have disabled auto update!). Any wizard out there can share how one can download the last airplay compatible firmware and how to manually downgrade? Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By imadous
      Hi everyone, 
      I wish LG would consider updating their Codecs list or at least give us a way of installing this codecs in our TV manually. i know my TV is capable of playing a lot of stuff but i'm always stuck with "not supported" for most of the media i have. 
      One of the most wished stuff i'd love to see is 
      Added support for H.264 10bit (still very popular and used a lot) 
      as well as Opus codecs (its a Free codec and its getting a lot use recently especially with H.265 MKV videos) 
      Like i said, please add this codecs and more or at least give us a way of doing it ourselves. i know there might be legal issues and some codecs are payed, so just let us install it ourselves instead. 
      Thanks. 

• By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By Youyou06
      Hello,
      Could you add support  of WiiM Amp for universal remote in WebOS TV

link hidden, please login to view Thanks
    • By Maher1976
      Hi
      I have smart LG tv 2015 model 42LY760H. 
      I think I have WebOs-1 .
      I am trying to find update to download it on USB stick but I couldn't find even on lg official website. 
      Do you have any useful information or link to help me.
      Thank you