Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Mejriou

NAS - LG OLED C8

Question

Hello,

any experience with NAS for streaming 4K HDR movies with video bit rate over 50 Mbps?

do I need some special expensove NAS or shluld be the cheapest one ok? E.g. Synology 218?

I would use Plex as a server and Xplay in my LG and direct play everything. So my question is if The NAS has to meet some preferences.

5 answers to this question

If you only plan on streaming to one TV then you could purchase a NAS with a direct HDMI out on it, and if you want to have 4K output you will need something with an Intel CPU not an ARM.

Something like this: https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-253b

Or, you could even try the new Raspberry Pi 4, which has a more powerful CPU and would happily out put via HDMI straight to your TV.

27 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

If you only plan on streaming to one TV then you could purchase a NAS with a direct HDMI out on it, and if you want to have 4K output you will need something with an Intel CPU not an ARM.

Something like this: https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-253b

Or, you could even try the new Raspberry Pi 4, which has a more powerful CPU and would happily out put via HDMI straight to your TV.

Hi,

this is not definitely feasible solution. My TV is on the wall, so there is no space for NAS. Otherwise I would stream movies directly from my MacBook. I need NAS to be mounted as a network drive a use it as a server - ideally through PLEX.

Secondly, Raspberry 4B should support 4K movies now, but there are first reviews on the internet saying that softwares are not compatible and prepared for such streaming yet.

3 hours ago, Håkon Nelson said:

Just enable dlna sever on the nas and you are up and running  via the built in video app on lg tv's 

Hey,

does it work with subtitles? And I cant see any video player on my LG..only music, pictures...

3 hours ago, Håkon Nelson said:

Just enable dlna sever on the nas and you are up and running  via the built in video app on lg tv's