Quantcast

NAS - LG OLED C8

Mejriou

Question

Hello,

any experience with NAS for streaming 4K HDR movies with video bit rate over 50 Mbps?

do I need some special expensove NAS or shluld be the cheapest one ok? E.g. Synology 218?

I would use Plex as a server and Xplay in my LG and direct play everything. So my question is if The NAS has to meet some preferences.

5 answers to this question

If you only plan on streaming to one TV then you could purchase a NAS with a direct HDMI out on it, and if you want to have 4K output you will need something with an Intel CPU not an ARM.

Something like this: 

link hidden, please login to view

Or, you could even try the new Raspberry Pi 4, which has a more powerful CPU and would happily out put via HDMI straight to your TV.

27 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

If you only plan on streaming to one TV then you could purchase a NAS with a direct HDMI out on it, and if you want to have 4K output you will need something with an Intel CPU not an ARM.

Something like this: 

Or, you could even try the new Raspberry Pi 4, which has a more powerful CPU and would happily out put via HDMI straight to your TV.

Hi,

this is not definitely feasible solution. My TV is on the wall, so there is no space for NAS. Otherwise I would stream movies directly from my MacBook. I need NAS to be mounted as a network drive a use it as a server - ideally through PLEX.

Secondly, Raspberry 4B should support 4K movies now, but there are first reviews on the internet saying that softwares are not compatible and prepared for such streaming yet.

3 hours ago, Håkon Nelson said:

Just enable dlna sever on the nas and you are up and running  via the built in video app on lg tv's 

Hey,

does it work with subtitles? And I cant see any video player on my LG..only music, pictures...

3 hours ago, Håkon Nelson said:

Just enable dlna sever on the nas and you are up and running  via the built in video app on lg tv's 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Norbert
      TV model: UK6300PLB (software updated)
      TV connection: ethernet cable doesn't matter, cable or wifi the effect is the same (the system has an obvious bug, when simultaneously connected via cable and wifi - same router, applications cannot connect to the internet)
      PC system: Kubuntu 22.04 (Linux pc 5.15.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 07:51:15 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
      minidlna version: 1.3.0+dfsg-2.1
      Firewall status: doesn't matter, on or off the effect is the same
      The TV sees the DLNA server some time after turning it on, then no more. If I do not start playback within this short time of availability, the dlna server disappears from the list of available sources. If at this time I turn on playback from the computer, then after a long while the video is played seemingly normally, but all player control functions become unavailable, the buttons simply do not respond, and in the list of available inputs there is no longer a dlna server. The minidln logs on the computer show no cause, just an unexpected http connection breakup: upnphttp.c:1082: debug: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly.
      I checked the availability of the server on several Android devices, everything works fine.

• By lg_user
      I have a LG UJ6200 with WebOS TV Version 3.9.1-6280403. I use the browser on the TV to watch videos (movies or TV series) hosted by some web sites. I encountered a problem watching a few TV series. For example, I have no problem seeing Ep01 to EP04. But I got Video format not supported error on EP05 and later. I know that it is not the video because I can watch it using my computer chrome browser. It is possible that the web sites has done some updates which the TV browser does not support. Anyone has experience similar problem and found the fix ? Is there any other browser I can install on the TV to see if the problem can be fixed ?
    • By Wolfgang Martin
      How come you can not get the 10 play streaming app on a webOs TV?
    • By News Reporter
      At IFA 2022 in Berlin, Germany, visitors to LG’s booth can experience a range of superb audio solutions tailor-made for today’s lifestyle. Offering stellar sound and stunning design, the company’s latest lineup includes the new XBOOM 360 speaker (model XO3Q) and the TONE Free (model T90, T60) and TONE Free fit (model TF8, TF7) true wireless earbuds.

The impressive LG XBOOM 360 features in an elegant exhibit where a selection of LG’s latest innovations are paired with gorgeous furniture and home accessories from premium Dutch lifestyle brand, Moooi. The continuation of a chic collaboration that began in June at Milan Design Week 2022, the delightful display presents the companies’ shared vision for a better life.

LG’s newest wireless speaker, the XO3Q immediately catches the eye with its aesthetically-pleasing design, then captivates with its authentic, 360-degree sound. Its distinctive form factor looks perfectly at home in practically any setting – indoors or out – while its clear, powerful sound delivered without distortion thanks to LG’s distortion-free reflector structure, makes one’s favorite tracks and tunes come to life.

The superior sound quality of the XO3Q is the result of LG’s insistence on using components and technologies typically found only in the most expensive, high-end audio products. The latest XBOOM 360 employs a Silk Dome tweeter for the accurate and detailed reproduction of high-res audio, a Glass Fiber driver for better clarity, especially where vocals are concerned, and neodymium magnets (which are seven times stronger than the more commonly used ferrite magnets) for a more dynamic performance.

LG XBOOM 360 also has a built-in lighting feature that can produce different effects in sync with the music, enabling users to change up the mood and enjoy a true multisensory experience. Offering three unique lighting modes (Ambient mode, Nature mode and Party mode) to choose from, the XO3Q makes it easy to create a cool, curated vibe fit for any time or occasion. Additionally, users can make their own customized lighting effects via the LG XBOOM app. Innovatively combining sound and light, the XO3Q heightens the emotional impact and enjoyment of listening to great music while elevating even the most sophisticated of space with its ‘art object’-like appearance.

LG’s new LG TONE Free earbuds (model T90) are on the show. The new earbuds boast the perfect combination of high-quality sound, user-centric features and a design that delivers a more comfortable fit.

LG TONE Free earbuds are the world’s first wireless earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices. Dolby Head Tracking automatically recalibrates the sound whenever the user moves their head, ensuring a more immersive audio experience whether they’re listening to music, watching movies or playing games. The new earbuds also feature advanced Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and LG’s comfort fit design, helping to provide users with the ultimate sound experience.
      Visitors to IFA can check out the brand-new LG TONE Free fit earbuds (model TF8) as well. A great choice for those who lead an active lifestyle, TONE Free fit have a unique design that incorporates SwivelGrip technology, which helps keep the earbud firmly but comfortably in the ear during even the most vigorous workouts. IP67 rated, LG’s new earbuds can stand up to tough exercise sessions and harsh environmental conditions, providing proven resistance to rain, splashes, sweat and dust. LG TONE Free fit earbuds also make excellent companions for day hikes or working on projects in the yard, keeping the music coming for up to 10 hours on a single charge.

With supreme sound and unique designs, the latest audio products from LG on show at IFA 2022 are a treat for the ears and eyes.
      To keep up with all the news and announcements from LG, stay tuned to Beyond News.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Addition of Blacknut, Utomik and New ‘Gaming Shelf’ on Latest LG TVs Showcases
      Company’s Commitment to Putting Gamers’ Needs First

SEOUL, Sep. 5, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is expanding the gaming experience on its latest TVs, adding new cloud-gaming services to give users more choice, and a UI update that makes it easier to get in the game. These latest upgrades are representative of LG’s continuing commitment to bringing gamer-centric content and capabilities to its industry-leading TVs.
      Requiring no PC, console or game installations, cloud-gaming platforms make gaming more accessible than ever. Blacknut and Utomik Cloud, arriving on LG TVs in September and November, respectively,1 deliver a wealth of titles spanning classic AAA games, indie favorites, story-driven adventures, sports, strategy and more. Via monthly subscriptions, the two apps offer users the ability to select and instantly play any game from their extensive catalogs – both of which welcome new titles monthly.
      Blacknut presents subscribers with over 500 PC and console games, with the greatest variety of premium content for all members of the family and with up to five players’ profiles. The Blacknut catalog offers the largest collection of racing and sports games in the cloud gaming space, but also critically acclaimed hits, such as Metro Exodus, Overcooked and a vast collection of Disney games. Utomik Cloud boasts a curated and growing selection of 100+ games from its 1,300+ PC games library covering diverse genres with indie favorites like Coffee Talk, My Time at Portia and Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion among the platform’s many highlights.
      The new cloud gaming apps will be arriving starting this month on the LG Apps Store on LG TVs running webOS 6.0 and webOS 2022. And thanks to LG’s newly updated gaming UI, users will soon be able to find a range of popular cloud gaming services on the convenient Gaming Shelf,2 which can be easily found on the new Home Screen. Select
      link hidden, please login to view titles are already accessible from the Gaming Shelf. The ability to access games from and other gaming services via the Gaming Shelf will be added to LG TV in future updates. # # #
      1 Blacknut will be available on applicable LG Smart TV models in the UK, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland from September, in North America later this year, and in more regions worldwide by the first quarter of 2023. Utomik Cloud will launch starting in November in the US, the UK, Ireland, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
      2 Gaming Shelf is available globally for LG Smart TV models running webOS 6.0 and webOS 2022.