Quantcast

US Rollout of ALEXA on 2019 LG AI THINQ TVs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

US ROLLOUT OF ALEXA ON 2019 LG AI THINQ TVs UNDERWAY

Popular AI Voice Service Will Be Activated on 2019 LG TVs with AI ThinQ

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J, May 29, 2019 — LG Electronics USA has begun rolling out activation of Amazon Alexa built-in to its 2019 TV models that feature artificial intelligence. The update, which will begin going live today, will be implemented through the Alexa app installed on LG UHD, NanoCell and OLED TVs with AI ThinQ®. Activation is expected to phase in over the next few weeks.

“The addition of Alexa to our 2019 AI TVs makes LG the only TV brand that comes equipped both voice assistant platforms” said Tim Alessi, head of home entertainment product marketing at LG Electronics USA. “LG is always focused on delivering the most diverse range of services. The arrival of Alexa on our 2019 TVs delivers a new level of simplicity and convenience to the lives of our customers.”

Following the introduction of the Google Assistant on 2018 LG TVs with AI ThinQ, LG is delivering more choices and options with the addition of Amazon Alexa capabilities to its 2019 TVs with AI ThinQ. With the Alexa app, owners of compatible LG TVs can ask questions, control smart home products, access over 90,000 Alexa Skills and more, all without the need for a separate external device. LG’s 2019 TVs can also understand hundreds of voice commands and handle requests of greater complexity than ever before, thanks to more advanced LG ThinQ AI conversational voice recognition technology.

With Alexa Routines, users can link together a series of actions, such as, providing traffic information, reporting the weather and listing the day’s agenda items, simply by saying “Alexa, start my morning.” They can also play music or audio books and take advantage of the numerous skills already available on the Alexa platform. Since Alexa www.LG.com 2 is built-in, new updates and features for the voice service will continue to be available to LG AI TV owners moving forward.

Amazon Alexa LG TV

For more information on LG’s 2019 TVs with Amazon’s Alexa, please visit lg.com

• 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?  
    • By Sandy8100
      Alexa installed correctly on    32lq63 TV. 
      remote that came with to does not appear to have a microphone. How do I control Alexa?
      Simple instructions for a simple person please !

• By News Reporter
      Delivering the First Commercial Implementation of HCA Specification 1.0,
      Company Expands Smart Home Ecosystem Through Partnerships With Other Brands

SEOUL, Aug. 29, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to present the first commercial implementation of the Home Connectivity Alliance’s HCA Specification 1.0, enabling cross-brand appliance connectivity through the LG ThinQ smart home platform. By the end of this year, consumers will be able to control appliances from diverse brands, such as Samsung and Vestel, with the intuitive-to-use ThinQ app, providing seamless interconnectivity and a smarter, more convenient home.
      With a firm commitment to customer experience innovation, LG has joined with other brands to bring the elegant simplicity of cross-brand compatibility to major markets worldwide, including South Korea, the United States and Europe. The partnership will initially cover major appliance product categories, such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers, and will gradually be expanded to other types of appliances in the future.
      The widespread adoption of HCA Specification 1.0 to development makes it possible to monitor and control various brands’ home appliances and air solutions using a single application. With the ThinQ app, users just have to register their compatible products, and then they’re ready to enjoy the ease and time-saving freedom of one-stop device management. Those with an LG washing machine and a Samsung dishwasher in the home, for example, will no longer have to switch between each manufacturer’s app to set their preferred wash cycle and cleaning settings.
      The arrival of true cross-brand interconnectivity is the realization of the HCA’s vision for a seamlessly unified smart home experience. Founded in January 2022 and comprising a number of smart home solutions manufacturers, the HCA aims to provide cloud-based interoperability between the smart home platforms of its member companies. As a board member of the alliance, LG has been working closely with other appliance makers, including Samsung and Vestel, to drive the adoption of HCA Specification 1.0, with the ultimate goal of enhancing user convenience.
      Committed to expanding the smart home ecosystem, LG has also actively supported the work of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), a global organization dedicated to developing open communication protocols for smart home devices. LG contributed to the development and standardization of the Matter protocol, an Internet Protocol-based home IoT communications standard led by the CSA.
      “LG ThinQ enables a seamlessly interconnected home appliance ecosystem that will provide new smart home experiences to customers around the globe,” said Jung Ki-hyun, executive vice president and head of platform business center. “LG will continue to expand compatibility between ThinQ and other HCA members’ smart home platforms.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By NThakare
      Until last few months, alexa was working with all the commands, now open any app like Youtube, Netflix, etc not working 
      Play or Pause any app videos not working, don't know what's going on with lgtv, i bought around 1000 dollar tv and this important feature isn't working 
    • By Alex
      Samsung has made fridges with touchscreens before. LG has made fridges with doors that turn transparent to show you the inside. This year at CES 2018, those two ideas are finally merging into one with LG’s new InstaView ThinQ smart refrigerator, which features a 29-inch touchscreen that becomes transparent if users knock on it twice.
      LG actually tried this two years ago, with a version called the Smart InstaView Door-in-Door that ran a full version of Windows 10, but it’s not clear that the company ever shipped the Windows version.
      This version uses the touchscreen to manage your food using LG’s webOS software and Amazon’s Alexa, which will let you tag food with virtual stickers and expiration dates and get automatic reminders when things are running low or about to go bad. There’s also a wide-angle panoramic camera on the inside of the fridge that will let you remotely view your fridge while you’re out and about to check and see if you’re actually out of milk or not.

Unfortunately, the only image that LG has shared showing the fridge is a low-resolution shot on its YouTube page banner, but it seems that you’ll be able to still use the screen while it’s translucent, allowing you to tag food directly in a vaguely augmented reality-esque move.
      LG is also touting how all of its ThinQ kitchen gadgets can talk to each other to make kitchen tasks easier. So your ThinQ fridge can talk to your EasyClean oven, which will help you cook food through step-by-step instructions from the recipe app from your fridge. Then, your EasyClean oven can notify your QuadWash dishwasher about the kind of meal you cooked, so it can more efficiently select a wash cycle for that dish. Of course, all this requires spending thousands of dollars replacing every appliance in your kitchen (and if this all works as well as LG claims it does), but it’s still an intriguing vision of a Jetsons-like future utopia.
      No price or release date for the InstaView ThinQ refrigerator or any of LG’s other new appliances have yet been announced.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content