Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
1. Download LgDTVUpDater [
link hidden, please login to view | link hidden, please login to view ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your link hidden, please login to view
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV
13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions
For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings
NSU EMU BY SMX
If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found link hidden, please login to view.
TV 2017 49UJ6500
The default setting operation gives "Auto" energy saving mode for SDR programming
and energy saving "Off" for HDR. Switching back and forth between SDR and HDR programming will engage these
energy saving modes automatically
However, if you assign a different mode (minimum, medium, etc) to either HDR or SDR programming no matter the source,
this mode becomes the setting for ALL sources- and the original operation cannot be recovered (automatic switching between
SDR and HDR) UNTIL, either you reset the whole TV, or you reset the A/V using the mute button 3 times
I don't know if this has been fixed in newer firmware / newer TV's, but it is something I would check before ever purchasing another
If anybody has noticed this and has more info, please respond
By anuj gupta
I recently updated my LG UHD UK6360 firmware to 05.10.45. However, after update I see picture quality has been reduced and seems to be very dull in nature. Any user experiencing the same issue? Is there any way to restore old firmware?