Quantcast

Lg webos media player subtitles

Borut Slajner

Question

Hi, i have webos 4.0 on my tv. LG media player  has lowest subtitle position "-2", but i would like them even lower (in black bars when letterbox movie is played). Is there a way or tweak to do that?

I noticed that position -2 is higher in webos 4.0 compared to webos 3.5

Unfortunately kodi is not for webos, Is there other media player for webos that plays video files from usb? i cant find none.

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By senecan
      Seeing this error when accessing the content store.
      Long story short, I'm able to watch netflix and various other streaming services but Disney+ went "weird" recently and would allow me to navigate to various shows but then always encounters a "problem".  I noticed Disney+ has a new app update on various Android devices I own so I figured it might need an update on my LG OLED 55E6V  too.  But the content store has been temporarily unavailable for 24 hours now.
      It's the first time I'm seeing this - anyone else? 
      I updated my email-based LG account and consented to some new terms and conditions in the hope it would make a difference but now I feel like I was mugged into that, all for nothing.  Meantime... no Disney+ and no way to check my LG WebOS apps are up to date (strongly suspect there might be a new Disney+ app).  The "Account Management" option on my TV results in a black screen and this just feels like things are unravelling.
      I have firmware 05.60.15 and no updates are available. 
    • By News Reporter
      Company Continues to Perform Well in Highly Competitive Sector,
      Securing Orders Worth KRW 8 Trillion in the First Half of 2022

SEOUL, July 5, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) continues to establish its position as a major force in the electric vehicle (EV) component solutions business, confirming it has secured orders valued at KRW 8 trillion in the first half of 2022 to deliver its in-vehicle experience to diverse global automakers.
      Expanding cooperation with major global car manufacturers including Mercedes-Benz AG, Groupe Renault and General Motors and supplying its P-OLED IVI systems to clients’ electric vehicles, LG is seeking to augment its comprehensive portfolio.
      LG’s EV component solutions business is rapidly growing based on its three core businesses sector: the LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company, ZKW Group and LG Magna e-Powertrain.
      Acquired by LG in 2018, ZKW Group boasts market-leading vehicle headlamp technology, and a global clientele that includes BMW, Mercedes-Benz AG, Audi and Porsche. Meanwhile, LG Magna e-Powertrain is expanding its worldwide production base, adding a third manufacturing facility (Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico) to its existing factories in Incheon, South Korea and Nanjing, China. Construction has already begun on the 25,000-square meter site, which is projected to open in 2023 and is slated to produce key components, such as motors and inverters, for General Motors’ next-generation of EVs.
      In the first half of this year, the value of orders for LG’s advanced EV component solutions surpassed the total accumulated value of all orders on hand as of 2021 (KRW 60 trillion) by a mark of 13 percent. The company expects that the accumulated orders placed with its EV components business by the end of 2022 will exceed KRW 65 trillion in value.
      Given the decrease in vehicle production due to the shortage of automotive semiconductors and other ongoing global supply issues, the performance is encouraging as the consolidated sales for LG’s EV component solutions business increased up to 24 percent compared to last year, reaching KRW 6.7 trillion.
      Based on a report from market research firm Strategy Analytics published in April 2022, LG is estimated to be already leading the global telematics market, boasting a 22.7 percent market share as of the first quarter of 2022 and recording a double-digit market share in the audio, video and navigation (AVN) market since last year.
      “Leveraging the advanced core technologies and the strong partnership with the global manufacturers, we will continue to provide differentiated value to our auto-industry customers,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of the LG VS Company.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Dhineshwar
      MX player and jio cinema are commonly used Android apps which offers many free to watch movies. It would be great if that two added in the lg store. Hope it'll be added soon
    • By Vincent Valot
      Hello,
      We are a company developing streaming apps for our customers. As-to enhance developer / tester / any other teams experience into LG universe, and be able to quickly test any environments we have (dev / staging / production), we'd like to be able to install apps that aren't removed after Developer Mode expires, or aren't visible/listed to the public store.
      We looked upon the idea to extend Developer Mode session with a Crontab with specific accounts for each TV, but some TVs are stopping the Developer Mode when being powered down, so it doesn't seem the most industrialised idea.
      Let me know what we can do to answer that issue !
      Thanks !
    • By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.