Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

trezor

Some transporders are not working

Question

Hello, 

I have a problem with LG 50LF652V. After changing in the channel some of the transponders are not working. It says no signal. Rest is working OK. I tried to delete TP and create it again. But problem persists. Any ideas what could be the problem and how to solve it? I have not reset the whole settings to default, as it would be quite long process to tune all channels and sort them back. 

thank you,

regards,

trezor

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, trezor said:

Hello, 

I have a problem with LG 50LF652V. After changing in the channel some of the transponders are not working. It says no signal. Rest is working OK. I tried to delete TP and create it again. But problem persists. Any ideas what could be the problem and how to solve it? I have not reset the whole settings to default, as it would be quite long process to tune all channels and sort them back. 

thank you,

regards,

trezor

Hi Trezor,

I am going to assume that you are trying to retune Freeview channels.  Freeview are constantly moving their channels around to accommodate the sale of particular broadcasting frequencies by the UK government.  This leads to a whole bunch of issues which are annoying but unfortunately as an individual there is not a lot you can do about it.  What you can do is check that your aerial is both an up-to-date model and is correctly orientated, as well as this you might consider purchasing a 4G filter which helps with some interference problems.

50 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

Hi Trezor,

I am going to assume that you are trying to retune Freeview channels.  Freeview are constantly moving their channels around to accommodate the sale of particular broadcasting frequencies by the UK government.  This leads to a whole bunch of issues which are annoying but unfortunately as an individual there is not a lot you can do about it.  What you can do is check that your aerial is both an up-to-date model and is correctly orientated, as well as this you might consider purchasing a 4G filter which helps with some interference problems.

Hi George,

Yes I am talking about freeview channels but they have not moved to different TP or video format. I just cannot see the signal for TP 11229 V 22000 19.2 Astra. Which I believe still working correctly. This is one example. There some more TP with no signal as well, with the same thing. 

It happened once I have sorted the channels via ChanSort and uploaded them back to TV.  

Regards,

Kamil 

9 minutes ago, trezor said:

Hi George,

Yes I am talking about freeview channels but they have not moved to different TP or video format. I just cannot see the signal for TP 11229 V 22000 19.2 Astra. Which I believe still working correctly. This is one example. There some more TP with no signal as well, with the same thing. 

It happened once I have sorted the channels via ChanSort and uploaded them back to TV.  

Regards,

Kamil 

Hi Kamil,

As you are referring to Astra then surely it is Freesat not Freeview you are having issues with.

Freesat is not something I have had dealings with but this Wikipedia page my throw some light on which satellites and their channels that are available to you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_(satellite)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• [pivotCE]A webOS user’s story and why the webOS community is the best

KarenIf you’re an active member of the webOS community these days, you’ll know we’re a small, tight-knit group of friendly folks. Our three subgroups tend to be mostly free-time developers, advanced users, and those that are hanging on to the form factor/mobile OS despite its limited services and with little regard for the do-it-all-for-you modern devices. The forums on webOS Nation continue to be the primary source for communication and provide the venue for meeting the occasional “newcomer” to our little slice of the web. This is the story of one such friend of webOS. Meet Karen… …a complete stranger swimming in the sea of internet anonymity like us all. I met Karen via twitter. To read her full backstory check out her first post on the forums but I’ll summarize:  she had 3 Sprint Pres since 2009 which all died slow deaths physically, she bought a Veer with intent to switch to a GSM carrier but the setup steps were a bit daunting, so she reached out to the community for help. You may notice the time gap between her post and the tweet above. The Veer sat in the box for about a year and in the meantime she had been using a semi-crippled Sprint Pre and an unnamed Android device to get through her work and home life. She needed assistance with the Veer and I offered to help. But Karen’s story does not end with sending me the Veer nor is this a tale of getting a webOS user back up and running. What I learned from helping her was two-fold because while Karen is a specific person, she represents something bigger. Karen is “every man”…well, as it relates to the quiet masses of unnamed people out there still using webOS. There are more people still using webOS than we in the community realize. The forum may number in the 100s but there are likely 5-10x that still out there plugging away with that tacky keyboard and brittle slider. These folks will find us eventually on the forums. We must be ready and willing to assist. webOS is still impacting people’s lives in the original ways Palm strived to achieve. Connecting everything via synergy, fast task switching, and everything accessible via a “Just type” search among others. But this only encapsulates the “what” in webOS’ draw. I’ll let Karen tell you the “why” in the words she shared upon receiving the Veer back from me (emphasis added). “I’d been telling myself it’s ‘just a phone’ but…using it today, I know that webOS is so much more for me. I powered [the Veer] this morning and, I just don’t have words. It’s that July day back in 2009, all over again. Except…back then I was meeting a new friend, who, I thought, might help me live my life on my terms. The Pre was the first device I carried ubiquitously. Today, though, flipping through cards, running apps, it’s a long lost friend and partner, returning to my life. I hadn’t realized how it had been slipping away, one function at a time, with the Pre. You never know what you have until you’ve lost it. I can’t even express what this means to me. …I drive so hard in life, and depend on a few tools and people to enable my work. Years ago, when I was playing cello professionally, my daughter broke my cello, [I thought] permanently. It was in the shop for over a month, and while I had an exquisite loaner to use, it wasn’t the cello I had used every day for 25 years. Everything was just a tiny bit….off. Everything […] required extra thought, extra awareness. I finally got my cello back, restored. I didn’t have words then either. This feels exactly the same. Having a phone that is intuitive allows me to focus on the big stuff! I will put it succinctly:  webOS is a superlative tool that allows me to focus on work and do great good. My contributions to this world would be diminished without it.” Well said, Karen. webOS itself was quite the contribution to the world. And our little community, however small, still makes a big impact not in the market but in the lives of its users. It’s awesome to give back to those that make our little community great especially during the season of giving. Thanks webOS Nation! #webOSforever Related posts: UPDATE: Special Investigations Unit asks webOS Users for Help in Murder Case LuneOS Is All About Users View the full article

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from webOS Nation

From all of us here to all of you out there, we wish you the most splendid of holidays. While you weren't likely to find webOS under the tree today, hope springs eternal for next year.

View the full article

By NewsDummy, in webOS News

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: Introducing the first annual Mobile Nations Community Awards!

Be it Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, Windows Phone Central or webOS Nation, you need only dive into any of our forums for a few minutes to realize what makes them so special is the amazing group of individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty every single day to make them a helpful, friendly and fun community to be part of.  With the introduction of the first annual Mobile Nations Community Awards, we are going to better acknowledge and reward the members and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to our Mobile Nations community across our individual sites and give them the full recognition they truly deserve. And there are so many people too recognize. Passionate members who share their expert knowledge freely, answering and troubleshooting the questions and issues of new users at all times of the day. We have many volunteer moderators, advisors and ambassadors, who not only keep the forums organized and under control, but also produce guides and tutorials to help device owners get the most out of their ownership experience. And then you have somebody like Cory Streater, our Android-loving Forums Administrator, who has put literally thousands of hours into the forums on all of our sites over the years behind the scenes, squashing bugs and adding new features that make the forums rock. We have a lot of categories planned for the Community Awards. Next week we'll be following up with another post here and in each of the forums, opening up nominations and voting for some of the different categories. In the meantime, if you have any ideas for specific categories of awards you would like to see us acknowledge, be sure to let us know! 

View the full article

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: webOS Nation 2.1, the community edition

At the beginning of this year we launched a massive redesign and overhaul of our site, bringing webOS Nation up to modern standards front and back. Today we're pleased to be able to bring you the next step for webOS Nation, which puts more emphasis on the webOS Nation community, namely the greatest webOS forums in the history of webOS forums. If you're a patron of the other sites in the Mobile Nations network, this layout should be pretty familiar to you. Up top we have a new featured stories block that will allow us to highlight in one neat little box the latest and greatest that is webOS Nation News. Below that is the big list area, which can either display the latest news or the latest activity in the forums. As I noted last week, news right now is just unbearably slow in the land of webOS, and we don't have any guarantees that it's going to pick up any time soon. So, by default, we've set the selection to display the latests posts from the webOS Nation Forum. That's where most of you are going anyway. You can always switch back with just a single click or tap; there's some Ajax magic happening so you don't have to wait for the page to reload after making the switch (except, alas, when using the old-school webOS browsers, which are more than a little long in the tooth at this point). And since we like providing you with options, here's a link for those of you that want to stick with old-school blog news view without the header. But we think you'll like this new layout better. Don't think this means we're going to rest on our laurels when it comes to bringing you the latest and greatest webOS news. No, we're going to keep trucking right along, bringing you news, exclusives, the occasional review (so much as activity in the App Catalog permits), editorials, tips, and everything else you've come to depend on webOS Nation for. If things do happen to pick up on the news front, switching back won't be a hassle. So, welcome to webOS 2.1 - the community edition. Let us know what you think in the comments.

View the full article

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: webOS Community Edition sees first release as webOS Ports' LunaCE Alpha

HP released the webOS 3.0.5 LunaSysMgr component to open source back in late June and worked with webOS homebrew pioneers WebOS Internals to put together the WebOS Ports group to guide development of the Community Edition project. We've seen plenty of what webOS developers have been able to hack into the open source component, but something that normal people like you and me could install wasn't yet available. Technically speaking, what we have now is something that normal people could install, but it's not something that normal people should install. At least not yet. After two months of work the first alpha releases for the WebOS Ports version of the Community Edition LunaSysMgr have been released as the new LunaCE package that incorporates some of what we've seen unveiled and some new things too. There's something very important to note: it's an alpha release, so it's guaranteed neither stability nor functionality. We installed it on one of our TouchPads to give it a test drive and it's generally pretty smooth, though it has some quirks (like odd spacing in the dock and issues with PIN locks). If you depend on your TouchPad, it's not something we'd recommend installing just yet, just to be safe. Plus it's good to be able to contribute to the process if you're going to install the LunaCE alpha - it's known to have some bugs, but there are likely others, and the WebOS Ports team needs some first-level testing to make it happen. Don't feel bad if you think you should wait for the beta version, or the release version; there's no shame in that. So what all does LunaCE offer at this point? Infinite card cycling (reach the end of your spread of multitasking cards, swipe again to jump to the far end), tabbed card stacks (swipe from the edge in a stacked card to see a column of mini cards in that same stack to quickly switch), edge bezel card switching (swipe, slide, or drag in from the bezel to move to the next card - pictured above), and a universal search icon in the title bar, among other things. All of these features are controlled through the latest version of Tweaks, which adds a new section for Luna options. LunaCE is installable through Preware, but you'll need both access to the alpha feeds and the newest alpha version of Preware. Getting yourself set up in the alpha feeds requires terminal access on your TouchPad (either by hooking up through WebOS Quick Install or using Xecutah) and following the instructions at testing.preware.org. Once you're set up with the alpha feeds, installing LunaCE is a simple matter: bring it up in Preware, tap install, and then performa a Luna Restart. Hope into Tweaks to turn things on or off and you're ready to rock on the bleeding edge of homebrew. There is, of course, the unaltered Palm LunaSysMgr available to install in LunaCE's place should things not be to your liking. We'll be keeping an eye on LunaCE as it progresses, it's am exciting homebrew project and we're glad that we've got WebOS Ports and WebOS Internals on the job with the support from HP.

View the full article

• 0 replies