DO NOT UPDATE to Version 04.40.25 or 04.40.70 else you will lose Video Playback on the Web Browser on some websites.By AusRob
The built in Web Browser will not play Videos on SOME websites after updating to WebOS Version 04.40.25 and 04.40.70. The web sites otherwise work fine. Here is an example that won't play since the 04.40.25 update ...
link hidden, please login to view ... Please fix this LG ASAP, it's really annoying. PS. It has nothing to do with any Browser setting, I have checked all that.
Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to channels 1 to5.
the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
By News Reporter
For LG, 2022 was a defining year for its unwavering journey towards sustainability after the company successfully redirected its focus to collaborations for a greater collective impact through its global innovation challenge, the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD.
Innovators hailing from all four corners of the globe answered LG’s call with creativity, passion and a drive to make sure Life’s Good, with novel solutions that bring much-needed hope of a brighter future for people and the planet. Among the countless game-changing ideas submitted, the best four were selected to be presented at the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD Conference held in January, in what would be the grand finale.
(From left to right) Lee Jeong-seok, head of LG Electronics’ Global Marketing Center, CTO Dr. Kim Byoung-hoon and CSO Lee Sam-soo
With innovation at its core, it was only fitting that LG Sciencepark, the company’s immense innovation hub based in Magok (South Korea), was chosen to host the conference. The four finalists joined the judging panel of respected scholars and LG executives to give their final pitches that would determine which award they would be taking home. But this was by no means a closed event, as the public was warmly invited to tune into the conference’s afternoon events.
Lee Jeong-seok, head of LG Electronics’ Global Marketing Center
The day kicked off with a presentation from each team and the judging panel gave valuable feedback and asked questions based on the solution’s impact, innovation and sustainability. And finally, the moment everyone had waited for; the announcement of who would be receiving what prize at the awards ceremony held later that day.
Public attendees interested in LG’s latest sustainability efforts were greeted to the park by a special exhibition booth providing an interesting overview of each top-four solution, as well as a look into LG’s most notable products promoting environmental sustainability and accessibility.
The ‘Dot pad,’ Dot Incorporation’s tactile graphic display, was one of them. Featuring 2,400 braille pins/dots which move up and down to convert information, this device gave visitors the opportunity to experience how the visually impaired ‘see’ the world through their fingertips.
Next up was Day1Lab’s alternative plastic solution which promotes its vision of a green Earth devoid of all harmful microplastic waste. This exhibit was set up to clearly demonstrate how carbohydrate complex materials degrade naturally in freshwater and earth, as to not harm the planet’s beautiful and diverse ecosystems.
Similarly, SOLUTUM presented an alternative plastic solution which degrades naturally in freshwater without toxic residue. Attendees were eager to see the eco-friendly material close up, especially as it’s expected to be featured in consumer products soon in partnership with a leading beverage brand.
Water desalination was the key initiative outlined in NONA Technologies’ exhibit. It’s here where onlookers could discover how a desalination solution that removes minerals from raw water completely changes the outlook of agriculture and water-deprived communities over the world.
Professor Christopher Marquis, a professor at Cambridge Judge Business School
Following this exclusive tour of the winning solutions, everyone gathered for the long-awaited awards ceremony. But before the awards were handed out, a welcoming address by LG, special lectures from presiding professors and speeches from the winning teams were conducted, a perfect example of how businesses, scholars and innovators can come together as one for a better world.
(From left to right) Dot Inc.’s Ki Kwang Sung, CSO Lee Sam-soo and Dot Inc.’s Ju Yoon Kim
The curtains closed on the ceremony with a big round of applause for the winners, with Dot Inc. (South Korea), SOLUTUM (Israel), Day1Lab (South Korea) and NONA Technologies (the United States) claiming the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze awards, respectively. The jury lauded the four winners’ amazing dedication and visionary solutions.
Through a relentless drive for innovation and an unwavering commitment to connecting with some of the brightest minds in the world, LG will continue to foster a Better Life for All. Stay tuned to
link hidden, please login to view to learn how LG’s latest efforts are putting the world on a more sustainable path. # # #
By News Reporter
LG Electronics North American Innovation Center Explores New Ideas to
Accelerate for Innovation Program With Cohort Led by Digital Health
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — The LG Electronics North American Innovation Center – LG NOVA – has announced its new selection of companies in the
link hidden, please login to view for innovative concepts and transformative solutions that create a positive impact on people and the planet. Selected from 2,170 submissions, these companies are joining the LG NOVA program to explore joint business creation with LG NOVA. A subset of these companies will be presented at the LG NOVA lounge in Eureka Park during CES® 2023 to visually showcase a vision of the future built with solutions centered on improving the quality of life for all. This year, LG received 752 applications focusing on digital health – lending confidence to a promising future in health and wellness technologies.
“With 800 more submissions than our first search, we at LG NOVA are honored and inspired by the dedication of so many – through their innovative ideas and business concepts – to making a positive impact on the world, true to the goal of our Mission for the Future program,” said Dr. Sokwoo Rhee, LG Electronics Senior Vice President of Innovation and head of LG NOVA. “This new selection of companies and our growing LG NOVA universe demonstrate that there are solutions on the horizon with the goal of making the world a better place. We’re looking forward to working with these companies to accelerate their ideas to the broader market.”
Attendees of Eureka Park at CES 2023 will get an inside look into LG NOVA’s unique model of innovation through outside-in collaboration, and learn about companies spanning LG NOVA’s focus tracks, including Digital Health, Display Solutions, Environmental-Social-Governance (ESG) & Electric Mobility, Metaverse & Gaming, Smart Lifestyle and Open Innovation.
LG NOVA Mission for the Future 2022 companies are:
– a digital health benefits management platform that seeks to make healthcare simpler. – a mobile app that delivers clinically tested personalized sound therapies designed to maintain and restore hearing and provide relief from tinnitus. – a global digital therapeutic health company leveraging AI and its virtual care platform to prevent, treat and reverse chronic conditions, starting with pre- and Type 2 diabetes and digestive health, while optimizing the physical and mental well-being of its patients. – an innovative digital program that delivers unlimited, live human coaching to your entire organization, reducing the cost of chronic conditions, increasing employee engagement and happiness and is 100 percent covered by insurance. – an integrated Virtual Care Management Platform using remote patient monitoring, chronic care management, AI-guided care coordination and more, that helps to manage chronic conditions remotely. – a virtual-first cardiology provider, delivering a range of clinical services, including same-day diagnostic reads, televisits and heart care programs for patients with atrial fibrillation, vascular diseases and heart failure. – scaling access to medical obesity care with full-service chronic disease management services using tech-enabled tools, including virtual care platforms that incorporate telehealth, clinical decision support, remote patient monitoring, online education tools and medical treatment approaches. – a leading online psychiatry practice specializing in women’s mental health. – a metabolic health company building the future of eating for wellness, longevity and weight loss for the middle aged. – using vital signs automation and patient engagement in HD to transform the patient intake experience. – provides healthcare practitioners and patients real-time solutions on how to screen, triage, track and manage skin cancers, skin diseases and skin wounds through artificial intelligence, data and automation. – develops digital therapeutics that combine AI, clinically-proven techniques and a mental health ally called Woebot to deliver mental health solutions that engage at scale and fit right into people’s lives. Display Solutions
– an innovative company in thin film electronics developing the next generation of high-performance integrated circuits for consumer and commercial electronics. – creates professional holographic display technology for natural 3D visual experiences. – a company specializing in the development of interactive technology solutions, including a mixed reality display which allows interaction with surroundings and provides no-code solutions to make interactive contents for display screens. – a smart photo booth utilizing data capture and AR for engagement and distribution. – transforms glass facades into transparent video screens on which the content doubles as glare and climate control, combining immersive entertainment with sustainability and profitability. ESG & Electric Mobility
– a sustainable thermal engineering company focused on re-engineering sustainable cooling. – a software, IoT and services platform designed to make it easy and cost-effective to deploy decarbonization improvements to mass-market commercial and industrial customers. – a reliability management platform for EV charging stations. – a business-to-business software-as-a-service that tackles energy resources and waste at a household level. – a technology platform making meaningful climate action a part of every business by providing carbon credit buyers with access to carefully vetted climate action projects. – a company focused on developing wind energy 2.0 through its energy drone that unlocks untapped wind resources at higher altitudes on-shore and in deeper waters off-shore. Metaverse & Gaming
– a solution that enables Web3 ready, bi-directional broadcasting bridging physical and virtual environments, from websites to digital out-of-home experiences (DooH) to the metaverse. – a no-code XR authoring platform for the metaverse. – leverages the power of augmented reality and AI to create a personal expert for everyone. – a cloud streaming platform which enables enterprise use cases on XR devices like the Meta Quest for industries like telecoms, manufacturing, automotive and architecture. – accelerating the adoption of the premium metaverse by creating high-fidelity 3D worlds and immersive experiences that excite, engage and preserve culture. – makes using virtual and augmented reality as easy to use as a smartphone. – a spatial computing platform to power talent development and skills mobility for the future of work. Smart Lifestyles
– patented, connected entertainment technology that allows virtually every app and device to connect to media at the push of a button. – a smart kitchen appliance that automatically introduces ingredients separately during cooking, while also stirring and controlling the temperature, just like a chef. – a software company that has developed emotional intelligence technology for digital assistants that enables more human-like interactions and improved personalization. (Li Creative Technologies, Inc.) – creates vivid, exciting and directional 3D audio solutions enabled by AI and VR. – develops a fully autonomous and accessible delivery robot, providing scalable solutions for first mile, curbside and last mile deliveries for airport, retail and restaurant industries. – an immersive and interactive edutainment platform utilizing AI, robotics and the metaverse. Open Innovation
– embedded, digital-by-design, minimalist and wearable biosensors with the goal of sensing targeted molecules anywhere with a simple smartphone. – a venture-based company that uses AI and advanced robotics for automated experimentation to facilitate and accelerate materials discovery. – a software-as-a-service venture that provides “AI Guards” to security companies for crime prevention. The selected companies may have the opportunity to explore the development of joint solutions with LG NOVA, that deliver a better life for people and a better future for our planet. Following the exploratory phase, companies may be chosen for a pilot program or to develop the product or concept with LG NOVA and participating businesses within LG. Some may qualify for potential investments from LG Electronics, LG Display and other LG NOVA affiliates; and co-collaboration opportunities that may develop into multi-million-dollar engagements as new businesses within LG’s global innovation portfolio.
For more information on the Mission for the Future and LG NOVA, please visit .
# # #