Quantcast

LG displays pop up every 20 seconds. How do I stop this please?

Lori Berry

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bob17821
      I have problems with one of my WebOS TVs which looks like a speed problem, but when I do a speed check on my iPhone from just a few feet away the connection speed looks fine.  Thanks,  Bob
    • By News Reporter
      In the world of color grading, every shade and hue is brought to life under the skilled hands of a master colorist, who meticulously crafts colors and lighting to unlock the true potential of content.
      When it comes to the colorist’s workspace, the 65-inch LG OLED TV takes center stage thanks to its premium performance and quality. To find out more, LG spoke with accomplished colorist Park Jin-ho about his remarkable sense of color and why LG OLED TV now works alongside him as a creative companion.

Colorist Park Jin-ho
      Park began by giving a sneak peek into his latest projects powered by the precision of LG OLED. “Now I’m working on a Netflix series called Daily Dose of Sunshine, which happens to be popular director Lee Jae-kyoo’s next highly anticipated project. In a market where gripping crime movies and dark TV series dominate, I’m happy to work on a show that’s able to warm the viewer’s heart.” A skilled multi-tasker, Park is also working on several other titles including Netflix’s Song of the Bandits, Disney+ Original Series Vigilante and LG U+’s mobile TV launch project Hi Cookie.
      He then offered a captivating look into his workspace, a hub of visual exploration where the magic happens. “I have three displays arranged side by side, but I put my LG OLED TV in the middle as it provides me with high dynamic range (HDR) capabilities I need to create more detailed, three-dimensional images especially in high-contrast scenes.”

While he keeps a standard dynamic range (SDR) display on the left and a broadcast standard monitor on the right for reference, Park stresses that the LG OLED TV’s unparalleled performance is most essential. “Capable of 1,000 nits, the LG OLED TV’s images are 10 times brighter than an SDR display. It produces meticulously accurate images by leveraging metadata to optimize the shadows, highlights and contrast of each shot, faithfully conveying the creator’s artistic vision while heightening immersion.”
      As he discussed his work on Park Chan-wook’s celebrated film, The Handmaiden, Park shared a technique he employed to accurately convey a critical scene. “We used the ‘Day for Night’ technique for the scene where Lady Hideko (Kim Min-hee) and Sook-hee (Kim Tae-ri) run away in the night. This moment was actually filmed during the day since capturing the intricate details in the darkness would have been impossible. I added blue shades in post-production to create that perfect darkness-before-dawn atmosphere you see in the final cut.”

Adding on this experience, he notes that a display’s ability to capture intricate details in the dark is crucial for color production in night scenes. “The advantages of working with an LG OLED TV are evident. Unlike film projectors, it ensures uniform, accurate illumination without vignetting and employs independent pixels to create the perfect black. With all this, it’s so much easier to capture details in dark scenes, bring out intricate details and enhance visual cues from the director to shine and add depth to the narrative.”
      Park goes on to explain why LG OLED TV is the go-to choice for post-production companies in Korea these days. “Almost every studio I know uses LG OLED displays. That’s partly because they fully support Dolby Vision – the industry’s favored HDR standard and the format recommended by popular streaming content providers – securing the contrast, colors and incredible detail required to perfect the brightest and darkest areas of a scene.” He also notes how the sheer diversity of LG OLED TV products as well as their accessibility and convenience have played a key role as well.

Discussing more on Dolby Vision support, he mentions how it makes a notable difference for him not only on the job but also when he’s watching at home. “When watching TV series like Big Bet on Disney+ without Dolby Vision, images lack that crispness and accuracy. A Dolby Vision display on the other hand – such as an LG OLED TV – ensures the best possible picture quality, which is proven by the decision to apply an official Dolby Vision support logo to display products.”
      Park says that display technologies have evolved dramatically over the years, taking the example of a remastered classic, The Godfather. “Through years of display tech innovation, the visual experience has completely transformed. This is why the difference between The Godfather’s original and remastered versions is so noticeable. Through modern displays, like LG OLED TVs, viewers can enjoy a wider color palette and enhanced details.” He adds that out of every advancement ever made in film history, the one that brought us all kinds of black shades has to be among the most game-changing. “It’s rare these days to depict black hair as a simple dark mass – now we can express every fine strand.”

Park believes that details can be found even in the darkest scenes, and today’s technologies help him uncover these beautifully. “Audiences were unaware that they couldn’t actually see the actual lapel of a black suit before, but they now have access to a wider spectrum that allows black to be expressed in more tones than one. With advancements in displays such as OLED, it’s now possible to represent the darkest tones in much more intricate detail.”
      Looking back on his two decades in the business, Park says that a lot has changed, both for the audience and the people working behind the scenes. “My first job in this industry was CGI work, and at that time I only had to rely on a single monitor. But color correction requires professionals to constantly assess different displays to ensure the perfect visual experience. Especially today, advancements in display technology have empowered audiences to perceive more details, making previously overlooked elements like artistry, backgrounds and objects more visible.”

Park explains that to a colorist, the optimal displays – like the LG OLED TV he works with – are as powerful as a canvas is to a painter. “It’s not an empty canvas, but one that provides the intricate drawings captured during filming. As a colorist, I work with this canvas of visual compositions by adding beautiful colors that bring scenes to life, evoke powerful emotions and enhance the visual experience. If utilized properly, this unique digital canvas can effectively convey warmth or coldness, brightness or darkness like no other can.”
      For more stories on how LG OLED is making waves in the world of visual art, stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By News Reporter
      Imagine yourself fully immersed in the final scene of a movie. What do you see? The careful arrangement of objects, delicate shades of color and every visual element artfully come together to portray a distinct message. This is known as ‘mise-en-scène’ in the film industry.
      Mise-en-scène, which was previously only considered by iconic directors, is firmly on the minds of designers at the LG HE Design Lab, who pursue product designs that help people discover the unique beauty in everyday life. Taking a customer experience-focused approach, the team strives to produce versatile designs offering value for diverse needs and preferences – a myriad of lifestyles, packed into one TV.

Minimizing a TV’s visual elements help it effortlessly blend into its surroundings, thereby giving users greater freedom to inject their unique personality and style into their living space. With exactly this in mind, the “Gallery Design” of the LG OLED evo G Series, a flush-to-wall form factor that resembles art gallery picture frames, was born.
      One of the innovations which makes the Gallery Design possible is a special recessed area at the back of the product which allows the TV to seamlessly rest against the wall when combined with LG’s dedicated wall bracket – differentiating the G series from most premium flat-screen TVs, which have protruding back covers to make room for connections and back-firing speakers.
      Making the LG OLED evo G Series even more of a minimalist’s dream, a razor-thin bezel frame made of sleek, elegantly finished aluminum adds a touch of refinement to the home décor, as well as unlocking immersion of the highest degree so that movie and game nights are always unforgettable.

What’s more, the LG OLED evo G Series’ Zero-gap design allows its wall bracket and cables to be stored out of sight for a sleek and clean look. With all the drab TV accessories neatly tucked away, users can finally enjoy their living environment’s aesthetics to the full. This incredible design fully demonstrates the LG HE Design Lab’s efforts to make installation easier while expanding use cases.
      According to LG’s product designers, all these innovative form factors were born from a unique design approach which aims to conceal, rather than expose. “We tend to believe that designs exist to be detected with the user’s eyes – but more often, obscurity is the superior approach,” explained Jang Yong-hun, senior product designer at the LG HE Design Lab’s Display Design Team. “In the case of LG OLED TVs, visual elements which easily stand out are carefully hidden from view in order to deliver the utmost level of content immersion.”

LG’s customer experience-driven approach showcases the boundless evolution of TV design, seamlessly emerging with increasingly diverse lifestyles. Unveiled at CES 2023, the 97-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED M TV features a wireless real-time video and audio transmission technology to eliminate cable clutter, creating endless new ways for homeowners to redefine their space. Leading the way for a reimagined form of home entertainment with new levels of convenience, the LG OLED M and its wireless solution stand out by far among TVs released to date.

LG’s designers are conceiving new innovations to ensure the company’s TVs complement every part of your prized home décor. So next time you rearrange your abode, take the full creative rein and become the director of your own scene.
      For more on how the LG HE Design Lab is setting new standards for the perfect home entertainment experience through groundbreaking designs, keep coming back to the
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      * Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.

• By Michael Ausec
      I purchased a LG OLED TV in December 2017.  It is great, except for one annoyance. Every 15 minutes, a  HDMI2 popup appears in the center of the screen. It disappears after a few seconds.  This repeats ad infinitum.  My TV connections are  very simple.  One coax cable input to the Cable Box.   HDMI output from the Cable Box  to the TV's HDMI1 input.   The coax output from the Cable Box is connected to a Magnavox DVR.  The DVR is connected to the TV's  HDMI2 input .   The DVR is "off" when we watch normal TV on the HDMI1.   I've searched the internet for a solution, without success.  Any ideas?

• By Brian Gregory
      CBS Catchup, Discovery+, POP player, and UKTV Play always need updating. Even seconds after you just updated them. It started doing this a few days ago.
      Who can I contact to get this fixed?
      Since the "apps need updating" notification now always appears when I switch the TV on, I now have no way of telling if anything really does need updating other than going into the LG content store, clicking Apps, clicking My Apps, and visually checking.
      ☹️