Quantcast

how to turn off subs on my LG TV when playing files from my pc

i have an LG tv and i play movies from my pc selecting the file via the tv, on some files, mainly mkv files i am getting subtitles on and cant turn them off, not even by the subtitle button on the tv remote, LG support are unable to resolve this, surely there must be a way of turning of the subs, can anyone help please.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jose carreiro
      how to turn on my cookies on LGsmart TV
    • By Low Grade
      hi, 
      i just need to listen to the audio of certain Youtube videos so is it possible to turn off the screen ?.............this is possible for Live TV though............😀
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Michael Plant
      My Denon sound bar use to work faultlessly. All of a sudden it won't let me adjust the sound through the LG remote. Never had an issue prior. And it won't turn on automatically.
      I have power cycled, removed all cables and reconnected them, made sure I have HDMI Arc set and we'll as the Simplink on.
      It use to say Denon is now available when I turned on the tv. 
      I think there was an update to the LG tv and wondering if there was something changed there.
      Cheers 

• By Velvet_Noir
      Hi, I have the option to right click and pick the subtitles on my Mac when watching movies in the VLC Player, but I can’t do this on the LG OLED, though. I already renamed the subtitle file to be the exact same as the video file and I did have the SRT file in the same folder where the movie is. However, when I connect the hard drive to the TV, the subtitle still doesn't appear. The format of my hardrive is NTFS. Can anyone please offer some advice?