Quantcast

LGApps Keep Popping Up When TV IS Turned On

Morris

Question

%

I have an LG TV Model OLED 65B6P-U. I operate it along with various other equipment using a Logitech Universal Remote and have used this without any problems for the past year.  I purchased the TV January 2017.

In the last week the options screen apps (things like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu etc.) pop up each time I turn on the TV. The only way to close them is to hit the back button on my LG remote, and then go back to my universal remote. I had to do some adjusting about a week ago that required me to use the LG remote and that’s when this problem started. I must have accidentally turned something on, since I have never had this problem before. Your help would be appreciated, how do I turn these pop ups off? 

Some had said this could be related to a setting that the store uses on the sales floor for promotional reasons, but I checked and that is turned off as it should be.  This link provides with a pciture of the problem:    

link hidden, please login to view

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

Same with me.  It started happening when I updated the LG software on the television.  I guess it was not much of an "upgrade".  In fact, it is a downgrade.  I use this television in commercial setting and this "new feature" has rendered the television worthless for our needs.  I am now going to have to replace it.

What a terrible approach to customer service... shoving your app interface aggressively upon start-up.  I will not be supporting LG television again and I am sorry I purchased this set.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lambrkt
      Hi all, I'm new to the forum(s).  I have looked at discussions on the net and can't seem to find a definitive answer to my rather simple question.  I purchased this TV from COSTCO in AZ 2019.  I 'cut the cord by installing a TV antenna and using the NETFLIX and Prime streaming apps pre installed on the TV. Now my question: Can this TV record OTA TV stations, ABC, NBC, FOX etc.??
      From what I have read US models cannot record while ones sold in say the UK or other foreign countries have a built in recording feature.  I have seen articles saying press the Q123 button on the magic remote or press the center wheel to record what you are currently watching.  There is no Q123 button anbd pressing the center wheel does not record anything.  What if I bought a UK version of the remote would the TV now record?  Any help greatly appreciated.
    • By Davide Parise
      Good afternoon All,
      I'm a new member of this forum, i'm writing from Italy and I need your help.
      With my Job I have bought a Hotel TV LG 65UV341C (
      link hidden, please login to view) , the TV is good  but I noticed that the LG content store is not present  so I can't download any apps!  through the hide menu I enabled the Pre-loaded Apps (Browser, YoutubeApp) thats all...
      I would like to know if is possible to activate the LG content store or in alternative if is possible to download the App (like Netflix>) manually and install it trough USB on the TV.
      P.S. i already checked a new FW but I didn't find nothing 
      I hope someone can help me 
      Thank you very much in advanced 
      Davide

• By LPT
      Hi.
      When Im playing a movie in an app on my LG OLED TV the screen is turned off after 15 minutter and only showing for the lack of other words its "digital fireworks» and the text "Turn on screen by pressing any button on remote except power button».
      Its really annoying. 
      Every power/eco mode is off and no timer is active?
      Anyone?

• By Clarita Maia
      Well...the title says pretty much everything....the app was working fine before....but as of the last update it does not play anything it shows....Mine is WebOs 5.0. I would be very grateful if anyone could help sort this out! Thank you! 
    • By Christian Caporrimo
      Any reason I can't find HBO Max on my LG OLED C6? WebOS is fully updated. I was told it was available on WebOS now but it's nowhere. If it's bc my TV has an old WebOS I'd like to know if I can install a newer one or of the hardware simply isn't compatible and I need to buy something like Fire stick just so I can have HBO Max (f'in absurd if that's the case)