Quantcast

Unable to play FLAC files from PC server

Alessio1989

Question

I am unable to play or see any FLAC files from my PC connected in my home network. The Music application does not see at all any FLAC files in the server folders (runnning Windows 10 Pro)., MP3 works fine. Putting FLAC files on an external USB device (like an USB stic) works, but not network sharing. Any suggestions?

Model: 43UJ750V Software: 03.60.15 (last version).

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I have the same problem on my new LG OLED 65C7V model:

I am unable to play or see any FLAC files from my PC connected in my home network (I have tried changing the extension name with FLA ect. and always same problem).

The Music application does not see at all any FLAC files in the DLNA  server folders (I have oneserver  Windows 10 and another server ASUS RT-AC68U, always same problem).

MP3 and M4A  works fine. Putting FLAC files on an external USB device (like an USB stick) works, but never via DLNA network sharing. Any suggestions?

Model: OLED65C7V Software webOS: 04.70.30 (last version).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Erich Maritz
      Dears, 
      While trying to set up universal control for my surround sound (so I dont need the extra remote) I've been facing the following difficulty.

When I go through the steps in device connector I never get the option for set universal control. After simplink  (which is off) I just have the option "done" no next to set up manufacturer to control it via the "universal" remote function on my magic remote.

Device: Oled55c7v-z + magic remote
      Tried already:
      Factory reset, change service location, adding different devices (never does the option appear), hard power cycle, and disconnecting and connecting the devices.
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By Fred Wan
      The problem that my QNAP NAS Mediaserver disappears from the WebOS Home screen and from the Home dashboard happens irregularly and unpredictably almost daily. The only way to get it back is to reset WebOS to its initial (factory) settings. After I do that, it always reappears on the Home scree/Home dashboard. I have no idea why this happens, it even happens after I watch an hour of movie content from the NAS and then want to browse through the files on the NAS: it suddenly is not accessible anymore. I tried to tweak (a lot of) the NAS settings but nothing helps.  
      My NAS has a fixed IP in my home LAN. Is it possible to connect to it with the IP address? 
      Any other suggestions how to remedy this tedious problem are welcome!

In the file attached is a photo of the Home dashboard with the Mediaserver present. 

• By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@LG tv if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob