Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alessio1989

Unable to play FLAC files from PC server

Question

I am unable to play or see any FLAC files from my PC connected in my home network. The Music application does not see at all any FLAC files in the server folders (runnning Windows 10 Pro)., MP3 works fine. Putting FLAC files on an external USB device (like an USB stic) works, but not network sharing. Any suggestions?

Model: 43UJ750V Software: 03.60.15 (last version).

2 answers to this question

I have the same problem on my new LG OLED 65C7V model:

I am unable to play or see any FLAC files from my PC connected in my home network (I have tried changing the extension name with FLA ect. and always same problem).

The Music application does not see at all any FLAC files in the DLNA  server folders (I have oneserver  Windows 10 and another server ASUS RT-AC68U, always same problem).

MP3 and M4A  works fine. Putting FLAC files on an external USB device (like an USB stick) works, but never via DLNA network sharing. Any suggestions?

Model: OLED65C7V Software webOS: 04.70.30 (last version).

Same here (I do realise though, that flac is not listed in the specs; would however be great to have it; possibly not implemented for licensing reasons)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Turn off screen while listening to music

How do I turn off screen when listening to music

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: IPlayer / Freeview Play

I have a strange problem with freeview play and Iplayer on my 55 E6 I need help first is this the correct place to post 
      The problem started about 2 months ago 
      If i select a BBC program from the past by scrolling through the freeview guide Iplayer starts as usual But when it starts playing there is no picture or sound if subtitles are on you can see the the subtitles going by but no sound of picture.

if i start iplayer using the app UI to watch the same program it works fine 
      all other catch up works through the freeview guide 
      If i am watching a bbc program and press green to restart the program it works ok also
      I have contacted Freeview they told me to contact BBC 
      I have contacted bbc iplayer help they told me to contact LG 

I contacted John Lewis they sent an engineer he said he would report the issue to LG 
      I am told LG said they did not see it as a problem and would do nothing 
      I spoke to John Lewis again and was told LG tvs do not support Iplayer any more 

I also have a 55uh850v that I use in my cinema as a 3d monitor this tv is olso webos3 this tv has exactly the same problem 
      I also have a 49UH610v this works perfectly 
      I also have a OLED55B7V this has the freeview guide disappearing problem that is well documented in "LG TV Freeview Play" forum but when its working the Iplayer works ok
      I have 70mg fibre broad band and the tvs are on wired ethernet 

I do not know what to do next

• Question: files on USB device shown as ._xxx.jpg

To have a picture  show on my new LG OLED55B87LC I've connected an external USB 3.0 hard disk (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 on my iMac) that I've filled with hundreds of pictures from my Fotos App.  But when I open this drive on the TV the jpg pictures (numbered 1.jpg to 999.jpg) show up as ._1.jpg to ._999.jpg. When I scroll down at the end the list then the real jpg`s appear. So it looks like there's a copy of each file on this drive starting with  ._  ?? And all of them can't be shown on the TV - they look faulty ?  I've tried out with another drive / USB stick - just the same problem. Does anyone experience the same problems ? Do USB devices have to be formatted in a special way ? Any idea how to solve this ? 

Ah - and beside this strange thing - is it normal that it last that long for the system of the TV to create all the thumbnail pictures to show on the TV ? When I scroll through a long list of pictures it lasts always a few seconds until the icons of the pictures really show the contents. This is really annoying because it makes the feature useless if I need several minutes to find a picture I'm searching for. Why is it that slow ? Is the USB connection only with 2.0 Standard ? Or is it a performance problem of WebOS ?   

• Question: Unable to agree to user agreements

LG MT49S WON'T LET ME AGREE TO THE USER AGREEMENTS , SO I CAN ACCESS TV APPS

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Recording on the network share

If I understand correctly, currently (WebOS 4.0), it's possible to record TV shows on the flash drive only. Could you implement recording on the network share (Windows share, samba or similar)? I have small NAS so it would be great if I could use it's storage for this purpose. Regards, Jaroslav

in LG webOS Wish List