Quantcast

Slow browser (TV 55lb671v-zb)

Saga

Question

Any Ideas?

The web browser is really slow. It has Always been slow but has gotten slower and slower. Resetting the TV did not help. When selecting a box for Writing it may take 15 s to get the selected letter to show in the box. Typing the name of for example a TV show takes minutes. No errormessages are ever shown but it seems like a memory issue. but then again I hoped it would get better as I did the reset. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

When I read through on internet LG says, web brower app is only for internet browsing not meant for streaming otherwise it violates the agrreement with streaming apps in thier app store, but web brower app is slow even for simple browsing functionality too. I see that switching between tabs are really slow. What I see from this is, they wanted to limit the memory usage of the web browser app to support other streaming app because they dont know how to differentiate the memory need for web browser and web streaming needs. Its nothing to do with OS or memory shortage(other apps can stream 4k video), its an issue with web browser app by intent. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.