Quantcast

devzer0

Question

The  first thing I've tried to use with the OLED65E6V browser was UKTVPLAY - I tried to view Taskmaster S4E1. I got a message about the need for SilverLight, but clicking the install button just gave a message about a defunct product, MoonLight.

So, what do I have to do to see this show?

TIA

1 answer to this question

Silverlight is deprecated. It is not available for Chrome or Edge and is unsupported in  Apple's Safari and disabled as malware by default, so forget about it working in a niche like smart TVs.
Best plan is to lobby the website owners to dump it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Fergus
      When I try to get Netflix on my LG Smart TV I get a message saying that Netflix ended support for Silverlight on 13 September 2023 and I needed to update the browser to a version that supports HTML5. It said that normally this should update automatically, but if it did not that is why I am seeing that page. 
      The browser is Google Chrome so I tried to update that - but nothing happened - I did check I was connected to wifi. So then I tried to install Microsoft Edge which was shown as an option, then I got the message " File Downloading is not Supported" and nothing happened, which probably also explains why Chrome failed to update.
      I see from other posts that WebOS does not support Android Apps - so how can I reinstate Netflix on my LG Smart TV?
      Thankyou
    • By Cappej
      Hi you all and I wish you an happy new Year!

Have you got any news about MS Sliverlight Plugin or a SKY APP for services like SKYgo - or SKY Online?

Tanks you all!

• By mirko.biondillo
      Hi everyone i would like to know how to install silverlight for watching skygo on my 32lf580v tv. When i use the browser for watching skygo it want me to install monolight but i don t whixh version i have to install...could you help me??
      Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
    • By Cappej
      Hi you all,

I wish an App for SKY - SKYonLine - MySky or a full support for the browser to MS Silverlight

Many tanks