Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Mitzy

Factory Mode Floating Text Box

Question

My LGwebos3 suddenly started to display a floating text box that reads " FACTORY MODE [How to go to user mode] Press Instop Key in a remote control." The tv image also suddenly has a green or sometimes blue tint to it and it resets to factory settings every time I turn it off. I have pressed every remote button in search is the Instop Key and checked the user manual... No luck! I bought he T.V. About two months ago. Issue started randomly but have been unable to resolve it. Help please!   By the way, the green tint is only there is using coaxial or HDMI but when I access the settings menu of the tv, it looks perfectly fine... Frustrated!

3 answers to this question

The "instop" key is on the Service Remote, not the user remote that you get with the TV.  The good news is that if you have a smartphone with an IR blaster (eg. a Galaxy S5) or you know someone that does, you can use the free AnyMote app to "press the instop key" - AnyMote has that instop key for LG TVs.  Be aware that this will factory reset your TV, and who knows what else will happen!  It fixed this issue for me, but YMMV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: LG SJ800V - YouTube App - Change User

Hello, I am using WebOS3.5 on my LG 49 SJV800V. When I log into my YouTube account on my TV via my smartphone app, I login as the wrong user from my Google account.  In the smartphone app the right user is shown, but when I am signed in on the TV app, the Google User is signed in, instead of the one I am using for YouTube. For people who do not know what I am talking about - you can have different Users in one Google account. A while ago Google decided to merge the Google account with

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: LG B7V suddenly won't connect to 5ghz wifi

For the past year my B7V has been connected to the router via 5GHz wifi with absolutely no issues.  Last week it suddenly stopped worked and will not reconnect. I get "failed to connect" (or something along those lines) every time.  Here is a quick list of the facts/my observations/things I have tried. None of the other devices in my house have this problem. The TV is in the same room as the router The TV can connect to 2.4GHz I have factory reset both the route

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Wifi disconnected each time TV starts

Hi I own a 55UG870V smart tv with firmware that has recently been updated to 04.05.80 Since this update, Wifi is non functionnal each time I start the TV. I have to deactivate WIFI and reactivate it and then the TV reconnects without issue. ( trying to reconnect without deactivate/reactivate doeqn't work) Is this a bug ? Does anyone suffer the same issue ?   Thank you Regards

• Question: Video can not display in right orientation in my LG Smart TV

I am a LG customer from Hong Kong, I encounter a video display issue in my LG Smart TV. I reported this to Hong Kong support team, but it seems that they cannot help me and giving me an unsatisfactory explaination, so I seek for help from here.   My Smart TV model is 43UH7500 with running WebOS 05.30.20, which is the latest version, the build in media player cannot display video in correct orientation, the portrait MP4 video I taken from various smartphone become landscape direction in

• Alfa mode for Lg webos tv app

Hi support Is there any alpha mode like "Android tv" for publishing a LG Webos Tv app.We want to publish the app in alpha mode only for testing purpose before gone live on Store.

in LG webOS Developers