Quantcast

Factory Mode Floating Text Box

Mitzy

Question

My LGwebos3 suddenly started to display a floating text box that reads " FACTORY MODE [How to go to user mode] Press Instop Key in a remote control." The tv image also suddenly has a green or sometimes blue tint to it and it resets to factory settings every time I turn it off. I have pressed every remote button in search is the Instop Key and checked the user manual... No luck! I bought he T.V. About two months ago. Issue started randomly but have been unable to resolve it. Help please!   By the way, the green tint is only there is using coaxial or HDMI but when I access the settings menu of the tv, it looks perfectly fine... Frustrated!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The "instop" key is on the Service Remote, not the user remote that you get with the TV.  The good news is that if you have a smartphone with an IR blaster (eg. a Galaxy S5) or you know someone that does, you can use the free AnyMote app to "press the instop key" - AnyMote has that instop key for LG TVs.  Be aware that this will factory reset your TV, and who knows what else will happen!  It fixed this issue for me, but YMMV.

I had this same "Factory Mode" problem when replacing the main board (EBT64292506) on my not quite 3 year old OLED55B6P-U TV. 

Did some web searching and found an LG "Factory SVC Remocon" MKJ39170828 - it has the "In Stop" button.  Purchased it for less than $10.  One push of the button and my TV was back to user mode ready for initial setup. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By Hùng Mạnh
      Hello everyone,
      I have one of the model LG hotel tv: 50US660H for my project.
      But I don't know how to open the developer mode app and connect to PC for Develop
      Thanks for the help.
    • By antioli
      Hello, new to this so please le me know what I'm doing wrong.
      I have a 15min 3840 x 600 60fps video that needs to loop on a LG 86BH5C display. 
      From what I understand the H264 video has to have:
      a bitrate under 20Mbps
      an encoded level under 4.0
      file size under 30gb
      With Media Encoder, this isn't possible. Anything under an encoded level of 5.0 won't even render something in this resolution. 
      I'm sure the answer is staring at me in the face but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
      Any help would be great!
      thanks,
      Antioli
    • By Jim Brown
      I have a LG OLED C8 TV with a Soundbar and when connected to Optical the Volume Control is normal with a Percentage 0% to 100% but when connecting to HDMI ARC port like the Soundbar suggest to be connected it just show + or -,  you don't have anyway of knowing what the volume is set  to.    I have tried two Soundbars a LG LAS551H that was connected via Optical and when connected to HDMI ARC it also does not show Volume Control.  I have  got a new Sonos Beam Gen 2 that is now connected to HDMI ARC port and sounds great but if I connect it to Optical it's much lower in volume but has the Volume indicator.   Please advice.    
      I would like to suggest three enhancement request: 1. to show Volume Percentage on the HDMI ARC port.  2. Optical and HDMI ARC have the same output and 3. the Sonos be added to the Device list under Soundbars. 
      Thank you, 
      Jim Brown 
    • By Kiran btw
      Does my smart tv support webos my smart tv is a LG 49UT761H0TA. I am trying to find content store but I can’t find it plus for the network connection I have to hold setting for 7 second and than type 1105 to go to network setting as it isn’t in the normal setting option. Anyone help answer my two question.