Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
pivotCE

[pivotCE]Report: Bethesda Meetup

The traffic sucked all the way there but NDrive on Marc’s Pre3 got us there all the same. It took us through the city instead of around and it was a busy Saturday night so traffic was really bad.

Pi Pizza was delicious as always.

In the picture is Marc, then Gary, then Atif and I took the photo. I took the photo with my Yotaphone 2 mostly to show up the EPD screen and how it winks at you when it takes a picture but also to catalog the attendees.

Gary wanted to know all of our Palm stories. Marc’s was the shortest with only coming over to webOS and the Veer. Gary’s and Atif’s were a bit more storied and mine I think is known at least to our readers.

Marc passed around the Windsornot and a TS2. I passed around my 64GB Go and Palm branded Veer (which I was “driving” that day).

The Windsornot was of course a highlight and a low point. Atif captured the mood well in his forum post.

Marc sells a ton of Veers. He has quite the collection of Veer parts. He brought 4, “seen better days” Veers and gave them away as party gifts. Nice guy.

Gary drove from New Jersey. Atif came from New York. Marc flew to visit me from Chicago and I planned the meetup since he was going to be here. That started the whole idea anyway.

View the full article

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• TV turns on during night bug

I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior to the reminder going off to see if the TV is on. if it is not on then don't action the reminder thus not turning the TV on. twice now have been woken during the night to find the TV on. please fix in next release and advise.   2. Also, can you add a page in settings.  general. about TV. upgrade. what's been updated. a histotical list of changes. this would be ideal as it would advise both bug fixes and new features.   3. Also the favourites feature is very hard to organise. For example if I add a new channel to favourites1 it will go to the bottom of the list. However the swap feature is useless if you want to move this channel to say the second position. This is a problem because you are expecting us to swap 2 channels when on reality we need to move 1 channel from the bottom to say the 3rd slot WITHOUT changing any others. We don't want to swap the channel in position 2 with that in last position.

By Zorac Dev, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 5 replies
    • picture in picture (pip) - feature request

I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development. I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?

By slee, in LG webOS Wish List

• 19 replies
    • Question: Picture quality on an Oled using iptv..

I have the new 65"LG oled smart tv and i am getting a picture on my oled when i am watching my iptv it's just not as clear as i get from netflix or hulu. I have my resolution on my set top box set to 4k for my iptv. My set top box is 4k. I have tried everything to get my picture on my iptv to look like Netflix and hulu but its not happening. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

By Louie Blazo, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Question: Streamed picture not shown full screen (best fit)

Hi all, I have a question in using SmartShare on LG WebOS 2.0 (my LG TV is 43UF770T, a 2015 model). Recently I often use the TV to view pictures from files located in my NAS through DLNA capabilities in SmartShare app. I found out that when I view pictures with resolution smaller than 4K, then the pictures are shown in the center of the TV screen and cannot be shown full screen (automatic best-fit). This is quite annoying because when viewing older photos taken from old phones with 1920 x 1080 resolution for example, then the picture will look small because it is not shown full screen. For comparison, when viewing video files, the TV automatically resizes the images until best-fit full screen, i.e. video with smaller resolution than 4K still shown full screen. This is exactly what I want. Does anyone here know how to get full screen image shown for smaller pictures (auto resize upscale to best fit full screen), just as with video files in SmartShare?   Many thanks in advance.

By Appergioz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Screensaver picture rotation Time jpg

I thought i would be able to set the rotation time for pictures  at a larger time setting It s default time setting is 2 and 4 seconds I just wish LG would come with a new version so i can set rotation time of pictures JPG between 4 seconds and 4 minutes.....or more If LG  won t come up with the extra feature, i would have to create a video with pictures to make this happen....

By Exodex, in LG webOS Wish List

• 0 replies