Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lookout98

webOS uninstall apps

Question

In the next coming weeks I am keen to purchase a new LG TV. From what I've read on online and having looked in store I see that the TV comes with some pre-installed apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Video etc. I'm just wondering if there is away to uninstall these apps. If not is there a way of gaining root access or even editing the firmware?

Fully appreciate if this is not possible, however I'm not a big fan of bloatware.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

3 answers to this question

Hi

Yes you can uninstall most apps.

@frustrated Appreciate the response. Which default apps can be uninstalled? Can Google Play Movies, Amazon etc. be removed / disabled?

Hi Lookout98

Yes these can be removed. Go to the app instead of pressing to select the app, hold the button down for a few seconds. A small x will then appear above the app. Hit this and it will be deleted.

App can be reinstalled at a future time from the LG content store.