Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Cm1991

Lg tv broken any advice

Question

So had my tv for a couple years or so now and had no problems until now just wondered if anyone might know what could be wrong with it and if it is something that could be repaired it was fine last night until it just cut off, turned it back on and now all it does is flickers on and off about every 3 seconds with a really dim picture any ideas what it could be?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: WiFi is turned off

Hello, In the network option for Wi-Fi connection I'm unable to see the ON/OFF option for the wifi connection. The message says "Wi-Fi is turned off. Turn it on to see the list of available networks that you can connect to and additional related menu items". As this has previously happened for which I had to call the customer service for which they had sent an associate for that after which it worked properly. If that problem had been fixed then why this issue/problem occurred again? Kindly help me to understand what should be done in this case.   Thanks in advance

By Akshata Shinde, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: how to "forget/skip" wrong XPLAY update

Hello,   I've read on the XPLAY forum about various problems with the latest version, so I decided to postpone the update until the issues are solved. I really don't know where the problem is but the developer said: "They have approved a quiet old version what has no online update functionality and the only way to fix anything or add new functionality is to send it to LG QA team … but they arrrrr soooooo much slow. Ive send them (on several days ago) version latest dev version with online update functionality. It will allow me to react to bugs much faster …"   My setup is: TV: LG 55EG920V, WebOS 2.0, Software version 04.25.70 XPLAY: 20180322.1.2.8 (ONLINE) PLEX: 1.13.8.5395   The version available for update in LG content store is 2.189.171 (08.10.2018). Many users complained they couldn't login anymore after upgrading to this version.   Could you please tell me what is the correct version should I update and when it'll be available for my TV? Also, is there any way to skip this update?  I just want to avoid an accidental update which would broke the functionality...   Kind regards,

By Mihai B., in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 12 answers
    • TV turns on during night bug

I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior to the reminder going off to see if the TV is on. if it is not on then don't action the reminder thus not turning the TV on. twice now have been woken during the night to find the TV on. please fix in next release and advise.   2. Also, can you add a page in settings.  general. about TV. upgrade. what's been updated. a histotical list of changes. this would be ideal as it would advise both bug fixes and new features.   3. Also the favourites feature is very hard to organise. For example if I add a new channel to favourites1 it will go to the bottom of the list. However the swap feature is useless if you want to move this channel to say the second position. This is a problem because you are expecting us to swap 2 channels when on reality we need to move 1 channel from the bottom to say the 3rd slot WITHOUT changing any others. We don't want to swap the channel in position 2 with that in last position.

By Zorac Dev, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 5 replies
    • Question: Wifi must be turned on?

When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off. I did a google search and the results that came up were for WebOs 1.0, even though it was written in 2017, and I have WebOs 3.0. It said hold the settings button until a box appears in the top right of the screen and input 0 0 0 0 then adjust the baud rate. First no box shows up on the 3.0 and two its not the baud rate I'm trying to adjust. I tried calling customer support to get to technical support. The automated system is garbage by the way. Then I found out they are only open Monday through Friday as if customers never have a problem on the weekend. This is my third stop looking for an answer. This problem is causing my dislike of LG products to grow even more. So if anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance for your time and help. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Product - from Settings -> General -> About this Tv Software version = 05.30.02 TV Information  = [LG] webOS TV OLED55C6P

By JB Atw, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 13 answers
    • Question: Amazon embeded app connection problems

I'm getting a recurring message about connection issues when I press the Amazon button on my remote, yet when using the Amazon web page and watching streaming video on that, I get UHD quality. What is going on here?

By WynQat, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 6 answers