Quantcast

Amazon Music - broken or unsupported?

grabber5.0

Question

Tried to launch the Amazon Music app on my TV this morning and got this error. This just looks like an expired certificate error, but the app is 1.0.0 and hasn't been updated since release in 2020, so I suspect it's not supported anymore anyway. Anyone have it working on perhaps a newer TV? This one's two or three years old.fbc9c2d28f57d27571b42c4945fd86de.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3 answers to this question

8/21/2022 My Amazon Music app also was working but now same errror code on LG OLED55B7A for a couple of weeks.  Amazon Music app working fine on Apple TV on same  LG TV.  I called Amazon Music help 888 208-4331 in Jamaica.  After "consulting" with staff CSR said "keep checking app they know about it and are working on it."  This fail has been on-and-off for some years.  LG or someone with the time should shame Amazon's Bezos for this chronic known end user support fail...😜

1. Uninstall the Amazon Music app on your TV

2. Clear Amazon Music cache

3. Update the Amazon Music app and your TV software

4. Connect to a stable WiFi

5. Restart you TV or else reset it

6. Log out the Amazon Music app and log in

7. Download Amazon Music offline on TV (This don't need the Amazon Music app for playing on TV if you get the downloaded Amazon Music files by DRmare Amazon Music Downloader.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By Tom Zarrilli
      On the music player all my mp3 files show up with a non functioning file as well as a playable one. The issue is that I have to spend time toggling thru these other tiles. The files do not appear on my Mac but only on th LG music player app.
    • By tim p
      I have two LG C2 tv's both running OS 03.21.30. Attempts to update the OS state that this is the current version as of 12/2022.  Amazon Music won't open on either of them, the splash screen appears and that's it, for hours.  It opens fine on other devices in the house, Sony TV, PC's, and droid phones. Other streaming apps work fine with no buffering or glitches.
      The solutions offered online list instructions for clearing app caches using a series of menus that aren't even remotely close to the menus available on these TV's.  I've checked every available menu and there's absolutely nothing offering the ability to clear app caches. App Manager offers exactly two options: Launch or Delete. Others insist that you need to clear the cache from within the app but of course the app won't open so that's a dead end.  I did clear the browser cache but it had no effect this AMZN Music problem.
      So far I've also:
      Deleted and re-installed the app multiple times; Left the TV's unplugged 24+ hours; Full reboot of the router multiple times; Factory Reset of the TV's. If anyone has a solution that doesn't involve buying a fire stick I'm very interested - thanks
      (edit) one of these tv's is five feet from the router.  Distance isn't the issue.