Quantcast

Amazon Video not working

Gandalf999

Question

I have an UH635V software version 03.20.05.

I launched Amazon Video and it said it needed an update. I agreed and it then took ages to download the update. The installation then failed. I tried again and it installed but when I try to launch it I am returned back to the TV and not Amazon. I deleted the app and reinstalled it but it still will not work.

It worked Ok before this update.

My internet is fine and I have a wired connection to the TV.

Anyone got a clue as to what has broken ?

Regards.

14 answers to this question

Same here and I've tried the same as Gandalf999 to no avail.

I suspect the problem is with the current Amazon update rather than the TV, but I am a bit worried now about updating the other apps -e.g. NOW TV is asking to be updated- until we know for sure.

Do LG monitor these forums?

sw1066 you are probably correct.

As a last resort I did a factory reset on my TV ( pain in the *&$e ) and then updated the Amazon app again and it still didn't work.

I have contacted Amazon via email and am now waiting for a reply.

The only trouble is you don't seem to be able to run an app that needs updating, you are forced to update, so I cannot use the older version.

I held off on the reset option, so thanks for that info - obviously no point.

Fortunately, my LG TV gives me the option of accepting an update or keeping the current version of any given app, so I can afford to wait a bit and see how this pans out before chancing other app updates!

I suppose we will have to wait now for a working update if it is Amazon's "fault" so to speak.

Please let me know what response you get from Amazon, and I will likewise post anything I learn on here in the meantime (it is useful to know that the update is not working on 2 different LG TVs though as that may tend to indicate that it is indeed the app at fault).

Deregistering the TV just means going into my Amazon account and going to Prime and clicking deregister. I was pretty sure that was complete bo$$&cks but did it anyway.

As I guessed it did sod all.

I relayed this information back and got another reply to go to settings and clear the cache.

There is no such thing on my TV. So I replied back.

They then sent back a list of generic, mostly pointless questions. I answered these and I asked if they realised, even though I told them several times, that my device was a TV.

I also suggested that they escalate this as I am pretty sure someone at Amazon knows about this problem.

They replied that they were currently aware of the issue ( Mine or generally as a whole ? Who knows. ) and are waiting for further information..

They have forwarded my emails to their technical team.

I am promised an update on the situation within 3 business days.

I will keep you posted. 

If you haven't done so already I would start by uninstalling the Amazon app and downloading the latest version from the LG content store (you should be able to do this through the TV). It could just be that the version you currently have got corrupted somehow - Amazon is working fine for me at the moment, so it's probably not a generic community wide issue.

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By News Reporter
      In its mission to share the message of Life’s Good, LG
      link hidden, please login to view earlier this year to infuse more positivity into the social media experience.
      To further ignite optimism worldwide, LG Vietnam officially titled “An Optimism Universe.” The video features Phương Mỹ Chi, a famous Vietnamese singer and an ambassador for LG Vietnam’s local campaign.
      The song is a reimagined version of “A Universe with You (Vu Tru Co Anh),” Phương Mỹ Chi’s hit track which captivated the country’s youth on social media. Now, as the sound of LG Vietnam’s latest campaign, “Power of Z – Spread out the Optimism,” HIT music producer DTAP has remixed the melody with trendy and upbeat elements while retaining the original’s distinctive Vietnamese traditional folk elements. With relatable and meaningful lyrics, the song encourages Vietnamese youth to live in the moment and enjoy every aspect of their lives.

The music video takes viewers on a journey across iconic landmarks of major Vietnamese cities, inspiring the younger generation to explore everything the country has to offer. Vibrant red hues and dynamic motion graphics jump across the screen for a visually stimulating experience that encourages viewers to join hands in creating a better future from the simple joys of life. In the video, LG Vietnam’s Gen Z ambassador also extends an invitation to tour , a unique space where visitors can experience LG’s most innovative technology through exciting activities.
      “An Optimism Universe” delighted listeners from the moment of release, reaching an impressive 1 million views on YouTube within just 24 hours. The momentum continued, culminating in a total of 18 million views across all platforms in a mere 10 days.

This theme song debuted at the Uni-tour of Saigon University in Ho Chi Minh City and the National Economics University in Hanoi, where approximately 3,000 students were met with a fun-filled playground of colorful experience zones organized by LG Vietnam.

The first space, the Optimism Melody zone, presented students with the opportunity to express themselves through karaoke, enhanced by hands-on experiences with the LG StanbyME and StanbyME GO.

Nearby, the Optimistic Hints of Tarots zone invited students to discover a unique, positive message revealed with a touch on the LG StanbyME screen.

Students could share their event experience at the Capture Optimistic Moments zone to receive an optimistic framed photo, while the exhibition space at the Wall of Optimism zone showcased the students’ creative ideas to spread optimism to their friends, relatives and the community.

In an effort to expand the reach of the Life’s Good brand mission, LG Vietnam also aimed to make a tangible difference in the community with practical support. Enriching cultural life and improving education in rural areas, the company joined hands with the Green Summer 2024 Campaign, an annual event organized by the Vietnam Student Association. Launched in 1997, the campaign provides students with leadership opportunities in social initiatives, including building roads, bridges and charity houses, as well as participating in educational programs to eliminate illiteracy and improve digital competency.

LG Vietnam donated 27 LG TVs to the Green Summer campaign this year, nine of which were specifically designated for a community housing project in Dak Nong province. The remaining 18 LG TVs were given to remote schools to provide better teaching and learning conditions for both teachers and students.

Vietnam’s “Power of Z – Spread out the Optimism” campaign reaffirms LG’s commitment to connecting with the younger generation and encouraging young people to approach life with an optimistic attitude, create a positive impact on the community and contribute to a better future for all.

To spread the message to a wider audience, people can also share positive moments from their daily lives as part of LG Vietnam’s social media challenge with the hashtags #LifesGood, #TíchCựcLanToả and #NụCườiLanXa.

Additionally, LG employees participated in a for the campaign, contributing to a greener learning environment for students.
      LG actively promotes activities and initiatives that create a better life for Vietnamese people through the power of Life’s Good. Through this local campaign, LG Vietnam hopes to spread more joy and happiness, inspiring a brighter future for all.
      Contributed by LG Vietnam
      # # #

• By RedNe
      I would like to ask friends in the group, especially someone who uses webos 3.X, to give me Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video *.ipk. many thanks in advance for your help.
    • By jcol5786
      Hello,
      A few years ago I bought a 43" LG Model 43UK6200PUA, manufactured in 2018. I'm from Canada but I purchased this TV in the US. It was a store demo unit on for a great price. I took it home to Canada, set the location to Canada and setup up in our bedroom.  It has been working fine with our Fiber TV service as well as Netflix, Amazon etc. We also to have a 60" LG TV in the living room which was purchased in Canada. This TV is similar in age to the one in the bedroom. Recently I started watching the LG channels on the living room  TV. I hadn't really paid much attention to them before but now I enjoy them. My problem is that the LG channels do not work on the bedroom TV. I suspect because it was purchased in the US but located in Canada. With the location set to Canada the LG channel guide populates and shows what's on however when I select a program I get the following message.
      LG Channels can't be serviced if a user changes 'LG Service Country' from Settings. In order to use LG Channels service, please restore 'LG Service Country' to its condition of original purchase
      So if I change the location to the US I get this message.
      Sorry, LG Channels is not available in your location. Please set your location to your current location in the settings. If you are in the service area, please visit www.lgappstv.com for help.
      As you can see the messages sort of contradict each other also the website mentioned www.lgappstv.com is not working. I suspect that the location for this TV is set to the US at some deeper level. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By BGee
      On my LG 60SJ850T, Watching Horizon from AppleTV streaming service. Western with some scenes with Apache language being spoken. No subtitles appearing. When CC is on, see “foreign language being spoken”. When viewed on iPhone, there are subtitles. Have tried same movie using chrome cast TV, and casting from iPhone to Apple TV device. Never get subtitles. Verified subtitles work when I stream to same chromecast TV connected to a different TV. 

reset LG TV to factory settings after trying all available CC and subtitle settings on TV. Still no subtitles.