Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jai

Speed test on WebOS

Question

Is either the speed test app not up to mark or the hardware got an issue. Speed test on identical Internet access point from Sony Xperia Z5 can achieve x4 faster wirelessly compared to LG 49UB850T TV using RJ45 cable.

Internet speed test 2

58c8e6f9f247aa40eec60d97dd9687cc.jpg

a94831b5895c16480848190e08175764.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

6 answers to this question

Yea, it sucks big time.

You can use speedtest.net beta without flash.

I'm pretty sure that problem is the app internet speed 2, I had the same problem too,but I tried with speedtest.Net beta and on my tv works fine! And connection speed is the same both pc than tv! Before last update this app worked well but now it use a server sited on Norway (I'm in Italy bah)

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

the internet speeds on these tv suck balls.. I'm a foot from my router which gets 100mbps, and my speed results from the lg speed app are less than 30 mbps. Any way to improve the speeds on these tv's>?  Possibly adding an ac usb?

Internet speed app sucks! Try speedtest.NET on your browser. Question: you connect the TV in WiFi or ethernet?the best choice is ethernet.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

I get 100Mbs wired and over 200Mbs wireless to/from my OLED65B7P using the web browser to test connectivity to a SpeedTest server on my LAN.

Even though wireless is faster, I leave it wired, it is plenty fast enough for streaming and leaves the WiFi free to handle other traffic.

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop!