Quantcast

Allow to opt-out LG SPYING watching habits without giving up Smart functions

dudelange

At the moment LG WebOS TV covertly send to LG server all the actions we take on the webOS TV, the channels we watch, the videos we watch. Potentially they can also record what we say in the room via the remote and what happens, if we attach a camera to our TV.

We can OPT OUT if we do not tick the box that we agree to it, but if we do the software will deactivate all of the smart functions, which means we no longer have a Smart TV.

I want LG to STOP collecting my viewing habits which is an ILLEGAL practice and to allow us to OPT OUT without removing Smart TV capabilities.

Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ghame View
      Not sure if this has been previously posted.

Recently switched from a LG Nano Cell 85 to the LG C3 and really disappointed that now the Home button takes you to the full screen Home Page instead of showing a "Shelf" (I think I have the right term for it) of installed Apps. (image attached of what it used to look like)

It just feels better to be able to still watch/hear content while I am making a decision to switch or maybe even possibly even not because something catches my attention. I would say it is more efficient and less intrusive for my viewing experience.

If this can be implemented as an additional option again, that would be great!

• By bucksears
      I bought a new LG 43uq7590pub (43" 4K UHD) TV three months ago, with the intent of using it as a computer monitor.
      Configuration is as follows:
      Running it in Gaming Mode Computer is set for 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) Connected via HDMI cable to my computer (don't have the cable stats in front of me) Computer's video card is set to a 60Hz refresh rate When watching streaming videos from the local computer (YouTube, MAX, Netflix, etc), the TV will randomly go black and restart. There is no warning (audio/video slowdowns or distortions/glitches) before it does so. After restarting, it continues to run normally. Anything over 30-45min and it will likely restart.  
      I'm not using wifi/internet locally on the TV, so that is not (or shouldn't be) the issue. 
      I'm wondering if running the computer's video AND audio over the HDMI cable is too much for the TV, and that's causing the restarts after a while. I have a separate MIDI/audio interface that I usually run the computer's audio OUT of, to a pair of external speakers. This is a whole new computer setup, so I don't have that in place yet; just wondering if taking that workload OFF of the TV/HDMI might help.
      Are there any event logs within the TV OS that might indicate what is happening?
      Anyone else experience anything similar? 
    • By joshitha
      I recently bought LG smart TV. I would like to know, how can I turn on my LG TV without a remote control?
    • By GiovanniG
      Hi, my needs are to show the video stream of the baby's room on LG TV, I've searched a lot for an RTSP player without success, there are lot of limitations on LG webos, unfortunately, but I succeed using a PC with Serviio and the native browser of the TV, it works but plays vide with about 20 seconds of delay.
      I don't now how to reduce this buffering, in this way I can't promptly go to him before he commits something dangerous, there is anything I can do to reduce buffering? Any news out about a player which supports RTSP? (like VLC). Than you
    • By News Reporter
      Trees are vital. There is no denying how trillions of trees around the world are central to all life on Earth. Not only do Mother Nature’s skyscrapers provide clean, fresh air and cozy habitats to thousands of living species, but they also help us combat climate change and preserve biodiversity for many decades to come.

In ensuring that this legacy can be passed onto future generations, LG Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta to celebrate their 32 years of operation in Indonesia. For this purpose, the company pledged to plant 32,000 trees across Jakarta, Kalimantan and Sumatra by April 2023.
      Jay Jang, director of marketing and relations at LG Electronics Indonesia,
      shaking hands with Abdul Kodir, head of the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta
      This initiative sheds light on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability in Indonesia in the same fashion as the company’s eco-friendly solutions, products and technologies, including their energy-saving inverter technology, which helps customers achieve a more eco-conscious lifestyle by improving energy efficiency. Incorporated into a wide range of household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners, this cutting-edge inverter provides users with peace of mind as they are able to easily manage their ecological footprints.

However, LG’s efforts toward environmental sustainability extend well beyond the tree-planting initiative. The company’s technological interventions also complement its commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, through the minimization of carbon emissions and footprints across the overall process, from production to disposal.

LG is endlessly passionate about raising global awareness of environmental sustainability, not only through its technological innovation and world-leading products but also by implementing various environmental interventions designed in order to make life better for people of all backgrounds and localities.

Contributed by LG Indonesia
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view