Quantcast

Getting rid of the subtitles

Karkito

Question

Hi everyone.

I've recently bought a LG smart TV. I'm French but I like to enjoy movies and series in their original audio version. It's not easy to change the audio while watching a movie with this OS. You have to go through the parameters each time. That's why I've changed the main audio language to Original Version and the second to English.

But now every time I watch television, the subtitles pop up. This happens each time I change channel. I have to press ont he "subtitle" button of the remote twice: once to activate the subtitles (yes I have to even though they are already here) so that I can remove them pressing it the second time.

That's not a big problem but it is really annoying. Do you know anything about it?

For me who like to change languages very often that OS is really badly designed. I used to have a normal LG TV and that was way easier to  switch between audio channels.

Thanks for helping!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Symbiodin
      I have an LG OLED55C6P TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time?
    • By Joseph W Lane
      My SM8600PUA  is connected to my Denon receiver via the optical cable and set to internal speaker + optical cable. However when I play an Apple TV program I see the Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos logo in the upper right of the screen initially but my receiver is  decoding audio and setting itself to stereo instead of Atmos. Is this a known issue and is an update to the app to support all the channels present in the stream? Or am I just not setting something. Atmos is enabled on the TV.
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By Timpa
      Hi!
      Please add a option to deavtivate scrolling wheel while using live playback.
      Flera gånger har jag råkat byta kanal när jag har kommit åt scrollhjulet när jag ska spola. Och då byter TVn kanal och allt är förlorat.
    • By eamatherne
      I cannot get my iphone or ipad running ios 15.2.1 to work with my LG tv running webos 05.40.20.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  It used to work previously.