Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mihai Simionescu

49LF630V - Live TV issues

Question

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an LG TV, model name 49LF630V. (it has WebOS 2.0, version 3.20.something)

I configured the live TV using a cable feed and a CI+ card that I received from the service provider.

It all worked fine until yesterday, when all of a sudden I couldn't really change the channel anymore (I tried using the TV controls, not only the remote, both didn't work). Aside from not being able to change the channel, whenever I tried chaning input (HDMI 1 - PC, HDMI 2 - Chromecast) it would just freeze. On top of that, the Guide app won't load. 

To me, it just seems like there's an issue with how the TV reads the CI slot. I tried using a set top box instead of the CI slot, and that works fine (all of the above-mentioned issues are not present), but the box is ancient and I am not getting any HD channels (1st world problems, I know).

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Is there something wrong with the TV or the service provider?

Anyway, thanks.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

4 answers to this question

I have the exact same issue with the same model (Romania, RDS cable provider, no CI card). Also started a few days ago.

I found a temporary solution for this. It seems that there are some troubles with decoding the "Travel Channel" and the "Travel Channels HD" channels. I removed them from the grid and now it's working fine. (the set would always freeze and become unresponsive only after I've reached that channel)

Mine is stuck precisely on travel channel. Unfortunately i can't access programme tuning or programme manager in order to delete it. Any ideas?

L.E. - turning on the tv with the antenna cable taken out will allow access to programmes menu and to switching channels. Just skip to a working channel and plug the antenna cable back.

I have the same problem on LG 55UF7787, RDS, Romania.

It started a few days ago and the Travel Channels were involved, as well.

I also suspect the "My Programs" feature which had Travel Channel HD added as a favorite.

Removing the antenna cable and restarting the TV is a good workaround. Rescanning the channels does not seem to help.