Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

poulanker

Picture calibration, using the smartphone

Calibrating the picture using advanced settings is a somewhatt tiresome process, having to  jump in and out of the adjustments to be able to see the full picture.

The controlbars for contrast, light etc. are often covering the grayscale bars and other external reference images used for calibration.

It would be very nice if the various controlbars were smaller, moveable and could easily be turned on and off.

What I would prefer the most though, is the ability to adjust the advanced settings using the smartphone app "LG TV Plus",

while showing the full picture without any annoying controlbars on screen. The settings for contrast, light etc. should only be displayed on the smartphone during adjustments.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• picture in picture (pip) - feature request

I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development. I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?

By slee, in LG webOS Wish List

• 19 replies
    • Some gaming features & settings cleanup for 2017/2018 OLED's

Auto Low Latency Mode  -  this auto activates game mode, very handy to have on a dual use games console. ALLM only engages game mode preset when a game runs, otherwise it defaults to user select preset better suited for video. Currently supported by Xbox. Picture Mode Settings->Black Level has no Auto setting - it would be handy to have this instead of having to manually set it. For example the standard PS4 requires the black level in High mode for it to work with HDR, a PC would also use High not Low mode. Picture Mode Settings->Colour Gamut in the game mode preset forces wide colour gamut in SDR mode, this is wrong it should be set to Auto by default. The 2017/2018 OLED's support 120Hz output hidden under PC preset, please consider adding [email protected] and [email protected] support to the game mode preset. These are currently supported by Xbox. All of the above are do-able with no hardware changes needed, please consider them and the added value it brings to being an LG TV owner. One other feature which probably wont wouldn't work is Freesync, but if that could be software patched into existing models that would be a great selling point but it seems unlikely.

By Void Toast, in LG webOS Wish List

• 0 replies
    • Image Settings

Hi, I have to say, YES I'm using TrueMotion and YES I'm lucky with that fact :-)   But "time after time" this setting is reverted to off. I have to set for live-TV, for Netflix, for Amazon-Prime over and over again... Is there a solution to set every channel, every app to always on?!   TV is 55uj6309 with webOS 04.70.45

By Tilo, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Question: Picture quality on an Oled using iptv..

I have the new 65"LG oled smart tv and i am getting a picture on my oled when i am watching my iptv it's just not as clear as i get from netflix or hulu. I have my resolution on my set top box set to 4k for my iptv. My set top box is 4k. I have tried everything to get my picture on my iptv to look like Netflix and hulu but its not happening. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

By Louie Blazo, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • LG Launches Highly Anticipated 2018 Premium TV Lineup With Advanced AI In USA

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., March 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA announces the official launch of its highly anticipated 2018 LG OLED TVs with AI ThinQ® and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ designed to bring a new level of convenience, enhanced connectivity and more immersive TV viewing experiences to the modern smart home. LG is building upon its legacy as the pioneer of large OLED display technology with the launch of nine new AI-enabled OLED TV models for 2018, including the W8, E8, C8, and B8 series. Each model boasts a range of design factors from Picture-on-Wall (models 77W8 and 65W8), Picture-on-Glass (models 65E8 and 55E8) and Cinema Screen design (models 77C8, 65C8 and 55C8 and models 65B8 and 55B8). Screen sizes range from 55- to 77-inches diagonal. In addition, seven new AI-enabled SUPER UHD TVs (SK9500, SK9000 and SK8000 series) will be available in sizes varying from 49- to 75-inches diagonal. Previewed less than two months ago at CES®, the premium models rolling out through U.S. retailers starting this month feature key innovations such as LG's ThinQ artificial intelligence and the new LG Alpha 9 intelligent processor. Beyond apps and entertainment, LG AI TVs use intelligent voice control to create a hub for the smart home and beyond. Announcing U.S. pricing and availability for the premium 2018 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ, Tim Alessi, head of home entertainment product marketing at LG Electronics USA, said, "LG OLED has consistently set the standard for picture quality and design in the premium TV market since its introduction a few short years ago. "The new 2018 models launching in the U.S. continue that leadership with the addition of LG ThinQ AI (Artificial Intelligence) in our premium TVs, offering consumers unmatched picture quality and state-of-the-art AI capabilities that combine to deliver an entirely new entertainment experience in the home," he explained. LG has added cutting-edge artificial intelligence to all 2018 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ. LG ThinQ artificial intelligence combines with LG's award-winning webOS smart platform to bring new levels of convenience and control to the consumer. This enables 2018 LG TVs to create an intuitive AI experience that uses natural language commands to control TV functions and seamlessly discover and play content, control TV settings, manage schedules, access information and control compatible connected smart home devices including lighting and appliances. With LG's Alpha 9 intelligent processor powering the LG SIGNATURE OLED TV AI ThinQ W8, and LG OLED TV AI ThinQ E8 and C8-series (and LG's Alpha 7 processor powering the LG SUPER UHD TV AI ThinQ lineup), viewers will enjoy more realistic and accurate colors and improved image renderings from virtually any viewing angle. Combined with on-board Dolby Atmos audio and support of all major HDR formats – Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG and Advanced HDR by Technicolor – these premium 4K UHD TVs are sure to fully immerse viewers in any scene. In addition to the Alpha 7 processor, the premium LCD lineup of LG SUPER UHD TVs all feature Nano Cell technology for expanded color gamut and natural, rich colors from any angle. New for 2018 is the inclusion of a full-array backlight with local dimming (in the SK9000 and SK9500-series), which provides more detailed control of the backlight, improving black levels and local contrast. 2018 LG OLED TVs with AI ThinQ   LG SIGNATURE OLED TV AI ThinQ W8   77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal) OLED77W8PUA $14,999.99 (available week of April 16)   65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65W8PUA $6,999.99 (available week of July 16)   LG OLED TV AI ThinQ C8   77-inch class (76.8 inches diagonal) OLED77C8PUA $8,999.99 (available week of April 12)     65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65C8PUA $3,499.99 (available week of March 19)   55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): OLED55C8PUA $2,499.99 (available week of March 19)   LG OLED TV AI ThinQ E8   65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65E8PUA $4,499.99 (available week of April 2)   55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) OLED55E8PUA $3,499.99 (available week of April 2)   LG OLED TV AI ThinQ B8   (TBA at a later date)   LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ   LG SUPER UHD TV AI ThinQ SK9500  LG SUPER UHD TV AI ThinQ SK8000      65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) 75-inch class (74.5 inches diagonal) 65SK9500PUA 75SK8070PUA $2,699.99 (available week of March 19)  $2,699.99 (available week of April 23)  LG SUPER UHD TV AI ThinQ SK9000    65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal)   65SK8000PUA 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal)  $1,999.99 (available week of April 2)  65SK9000PUA    $2,199.99 (available week of March 12)  55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal)    55SK8000PUA 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal)  $1,199.99 (available week of April 2) 55SK9000PUA    $1,599.99 (available week of March 12)    49-inch class (48.5 inches diagonal)   49SK8000PUA   $999.99 (available week of May 7)    LG's 2018 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ will be available at retailers nationwide. For more information on LG TVs, please visit www.lg.com.

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 0 replies