Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Florentin Scarlat

Skype on webOS 2.0

Question

I just bought a LG TV with webOS 2.0 just to find out that there is no Skype App on it. This is, in fact, the main reason for which I have decided to buy a smart tv. The LG guys from support confirmed that there is no app available and have no ideea if there will be and when. It is really annoying actually, since I could have bough an Android TV instead. 

Are there any plans to bring skype on these tvs?

2 people like this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

17 answers to this question

I agree. It would be really nice to have Skype on WebOS 2.0 .Why i schould use the 2015 TV installed CamApp ... what for? To make selfies on my TV? I really dont understand the feature of this app.

So LG, please make a SkypeApp. It schouldn't be too difficult for you... 

1 person likes this

I need skype too. I just bought one 

LG 55UF852V.

Someone should do something. I saw skype on the ads of this tv. I was somehow sure about it. :(

Anyone from LG here?

i've just bought LF6500 , found no Skype neither Facebook .

Any Help with these Apps Guys ?

There is no app for skype. But you can open facebook in your browser. 

I bought the LG 65UF770V which was delivered last weekend and I knew that this will not have a Skype app. I contacted the LG customer services and their reply was that Microsoft discontinued the support for Skype on LG. So this is something LG has to sort out with Microsoft I guess. It's not that LG is incapable of making a app where as they have done a fantastic job with the webOS 2.0. I love the other apps such as Netflix, Amzon and youtube. I hope and wish that LG will create a Skype app too. Microsoft should support more on this. Looks like they are after more money.. :)

1 person likes this

I have also bought 32LF6300 LG TV. It has not have Skype TV. It is so bad. why it is not providing like this applications

Ok So Skype pulled support for all TV's except Samsung and some Sony's, How would one go about getting LG to create a video calling app like skype so we can use that instead? I would rather use LG and change my video calling app than change TV's to a Samsung.

We need to do something. I agree with Knight_Rider.

We need skype on WebOS 2.0 .. I bought the TV for using skype and now its useless. without proper apps smart TV is useless. I dint expect this unavailability of skype in LG smart TV. Now i feel like it was a wrong decision to go for an LG smart tv.

1 person likes this

I agree with gbk. We definetely need Skype on this tv. Why do they have a camera app? Can LG do something about this? May be we should start a petition online.

1 person likes this

This is the reply i got for LG care "kindly note that Skype is no longer available in new LG TV models as Skype and LG ended their agreement." 

So there is no meaning in waiting for skype in LG WebOS 2.0.. I think its better to look for any options in exchanging the TV with some other brand with skype. 

Very disappointing... :( :( :(  

Did anyone tried https://web.skype.com/ (skype for web, now beta).

you can open this in browser.

No. Not working. It says I should update my browser. That's also not possible. :( 

Skype is nowadays basic requirement . smart tv without  skype is just like shoes without socks . if web os2 is not useful, andoid tv will capture them. wrong decision .

Recently i bought LG tv. but skype hasnt there. Its useless for me .Kindly advise which brand have this features