Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Derrick

HBO GO App for WebOS 2.0? (65UF8500)

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased an LG 65UF8500 from Best Buy as an open box deal.  I was hoping that HBO GO would be available, but it appears that it isn't available for WebOS 2.0?  

Can someone please confirm?

Thank you,

Derrick

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

2 answers to this question

I have the same model LG as you, 65UF8500. HBOGO is not available on WebOS 2.0. Currently, the only "premium" apps available are the big 4.. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Vudu. The first two mentioned, Netflix and Amazon, offer UHD/4k streaming. One glitch to note.. between updating your TV's WebOS and your apps, Amazon can get glitched where it won't qualify you for UHD and you won't have access to the UHD library. To fix this, just uninstall the Amazon app (you don't even have to unlink your account) and then re-install the app and voila! :-)

HBOGO isn't offering 4k yet...but stay tuned....an internal memo says otherwise.

Oh, and once you "see" actual 4k in your home...you will HATE 1080p.

When I say "HATE," I mean to use a stronger word, but need to check the dictionary to find it.

Be warned  :blink: