Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

peejayw

Keep WiFi On?

Question

Is there a way to keep the wifi connection active when the screen is off? Then I could use the app on my phone to turn the TV on. At the moment, when the TV sleeps the wifi turns off :-(

6 answers to this question

Well is there a way to make WiFi start when the TV is turned on? Currently I have to go into Settings/Network/WiFi Connection and click on the connection every time I turn on the TV, very slow.

May be your router option that provide IP to dhcp client are wrong configure are you have old firmware version or your TV is broke.

My WiFi adapter start automatically when power on TV.

Are you logon to lg TV store account?

How many power on count show in TV settings? Is this TV are new or refurbished?

What is your TV model?

OK, TV is new and working, model is 50LB650V

"Are you logon to lg TV store account?

How many power on count show in TV settings?"

I am not sure what you mean here. When I turn the TV on I have to go to the wifi settings and click on the name of my wifi network, tv then connects. I just want it to connect automatically when TV turns on.

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: WiFi gets disconnected

Hi!  Recently I have noticed that the Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically without any prompt. While searching manually, no Wi-Fi signals are listed. But once the TV is switched off and turned on again the Wi-Fi gets connected. But after few hour gets disconnected again. I would like to know if this is a technical issue and how to resolve this issue for good.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: LG B7V suddenly won't connect to 5ghz wifi

For the past year my B7V has been connected to the router via 5GHz wifi with absolutely no issues.  Last week it suddenly stopped worked and will not reconnect. I get "failed to connect" (or something along those lines) every time.  Here is a quick list of the facts/my observations/things I have tried. None of the other devices in my house have this problem. The TV is in the same room as the router The TV can connect to 2.4GHz I have factory reset both the route

• Question: Wifi disconnected each time TV starts

Hi I own a 55UG870V smart tv with firmware that has recently been updated to 04.05.80 Since this update, Wifi is non functionnal each time I start the TV. I have to deactivate WIFI and reactivate it and then the TV reconnects without issue. ( trying to reconnect without deactivate/reactivate doeqn't work) Is this a bug ? Does anyone suffer the same issue ?   Thank you Regards

• Question: Wi-Fi speed connection

Hello I have recently upgraded my broadband to 1 Gigabit service. Now I know t ha the speed will vary by device and specs so i would not expect the tv to obtain speeds like a mobile phone.  My problem is that the tv does drop the speed down to a ridiculous 1 mbps on Netflix.. it does run uhd/4k content from 7 to 15 mbps. I've run speed tests on s7 edge and s9 through out the house and great speeds at approx 310 mbps download and upload speeds at similar numbers. Funny enough the s

• Question: Loses connection to wifi

My LG 6090 smart TV loses connection alot now,and if I unplug it and plug it back in it works for a while all my other devices works fine and help? I've changed my 5g to channel 36 and even took of the quick start but no luck. Please help, beginning to think there is something wrong with the tv