Quantcast

USB 3.0 vs. LG Smart TV

WeWinQa

Question

Hello LGuys,

I've just bought this LG 42" LB70 TV and I am unable to play anything from my USB 3.0 drives. It's just simple USB 3.0 key with 16GB capacity. The TV recognize the USB device and is also able to show the content. But as soon as you push play on any of the file (doesn't matter whether that's .AVI or .MP4), the middle circle strat rolling and per TV the USB disconnects itself with the TV saying that I should consider safe disconecting next time . That's actually nice warning however in this paricular case, I have not disconnected anything. So my question is - how to make the files played on my tv from the 16gb USB 3.0 drive?

TV model: LG 42" LB70 (

link hidden, please login to view
)

WebOS:    04.32.20

USB drive: A-Data C103 16GB USB 3.0 ()

A-Data DashDrive UV128 16GB USB 3.0 ()

Notes:

I've tried formatting A-Data C103 16GB USB 3.0 to FAT32 and NTFS both with no result.

The USB 2.0 devices work just fine.

I already returned one TV as I thought I had bought the defective piece, however this new one (2nd one) has the same issue as well.

Please help. I am out of ideas.

Veronika

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hi Veronika,

i think that the issue can be due the size of the USB key, 16 GB.

As the tv expect and uses USB 3.0 port for HDD to get Live TV extra functionalities like pause, replay, etc..

it need 40GB of free space to do that and may be then refuse and disconnect the key.

I think this is a bug of WebOS and not a defective piece.

Hope to help,

Stefano

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Costin Angelescu
      Good afternoon,
      I have a 49UB850V-ZD smart TV and has the issues below. Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:
      1. Can't reset using meniu. I can access the meniu, I inserted pin 0000 and if I try to click Confirm it just flashes the button with no success. If I click Cancel then the meniu closes
      2. The Live TV channels are not working. There is no issue with the provider. It just not plays any channel
      3. If I connect the usb or hard-disk driver to play some movies I can navigate thru folder but I can t play any
      4. When I connect to Netflix or youtube I can navigate but if i try to play it does not load.
      5. The remote TV does not work anymore -> Only the Power Off/On button
      6. I have a magic remote TV for LG and works to navigate with the indicator
      7. The button of the TV (under the TV led) works only to open the TV -> the menu does not work anymore
      8. In the advanced menu, the Channel settings is not active among other options that are disabled. 
      9. When I try to access the LG STORE it says: loading unsuccessful (82) because the hour of the TV is not the correct one. I tryed to change time to something different and also changed location and removed the location. This change did not had any effect 
      What do you think? What do I need to do?

• By Katieg
      I shipped my lg tv from the Uk to the Uae and there is no option to pick uae as location- it is not on the country list. 

I am now not able to install local apps like osn and Disney plus (uae version) so the only thing that works is Netflix. 

I tried selecting other as the country location but then even Netflix disappeared so have had to change back to Uk. 

how can I change the location to uae as this where I am not using the tv? It’s really annoying me as I have no idea why uae is not an option on the country list. 

any help is really appreciated 

thanks 
    • By Dinky
      Hi all
       is there a way to view content from my own channel in Youtube? Much of my own content has the ‘unlisted’ or ‘private’ attribute and will not appear in search results, so I need to be able to go to my own channel and sekect the video from there, but that seems not to be possible. Or is it?
    • By nsnews org
      I bought my TV from Oman and shifted to India. Model is 65UH603V-TC WebOS 3.4.0
      I have changed the area code to 4816 using service remote but still content page is not updated
      Broadcast country and service country set to India