Quantcast

USB 3.0 vs. LG Smart TV

WeWinQa

Question

Hello LGuys,

I've just bought this LG 42" LB70 TV and I am unable to play anything from my USB 3.0 drives. It's just simple USB 3.0 key with 16GB capacity. The TV recognize the USB device and is also able to show the content. But as soon as you push play on any of the file (doesn't matter whether that's .AVI or .MP4), the middle circle strat rolling and per TV the USB disconnects itself with the TV saying that I should consider safe disconecting next time . That's actually nice warning however in this paricular case, I have not disconnected anything. So my question is - how to make the files played on my tv from the 16gb USB 3.0 drive?

TV model: LG 42" LB70 ()

WebOS:    04.32.20

USB drive: A-Data C103 16GB USB 3.0 ()

A-Data DashDrive UV128 16GB USB 3.0 (

link hidden, please login to view
)

Notes:

I've tried formatting A-Data C103 16GB USB 3.0 to FAT32 and NTFS both with no result.

The USB 2.0 devices work just fine.

I already returned one TV as I thought I had bought the defective piece, however this new one (2nd one) has the same issue as well.

Please help. I am out of ideas.

Veronika

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hi Veronika,

i think that the issue can be due the size of the USB key, 16 GB.

As the tv expect and uses USB 3.0 port for HDD to get Live TV extra functionalities like pause, replay, etc..

it need 40GB of free space to do that and may be then refuse and disconnect the key.

I think this is a bug of WebOS and not a defective piece.

Hope to help,

Stefano

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ahmad Baeisa
      I bought an lg pf50kg  smart projector and can't find netflix, youtube and no app store so i paid for a projector that should be smart and ended up having a normal one this is cheating lg .
    • By Dr. Amin
      I purchased an LG 43up7550 television.
      My problem is with the Lg content store, whereas the Tv is connected to the internet and by the browser can be searched on the internet, the LG content store has a connection error and can not see any application on it and this error occurs when I try to open any factory installed the app on Tv. 
      I set DNS to google DNS server (8.8.8.8) but this problem still exists.
      please help me for solving this problem.
    • By vilex
      I've tried all three methods to connect an account to my TV. With the thinQ app, when I press the link button, it tells me it was unable to link the account. With the web browser option, it spins indefinitely while verifying login info. With the remote login, it pops up with an error about a temporary server issue.
      I've already done a software update which didn't help. I've also tried creating a new account using the TV and that had the same results.
      Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    • By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Ron Shaver
      I have the SLING streaming service on all 3 of my LG OLED TVs.  I've updated the SLING app on 2 of them and now have a problem.  Both TVs default to the SLING app when I turn them on.   I am able to watch streaming content but can't exit the SLING app.  This only started happening after I updated the app.  For this reason I did not update the SLING app on my 3rd TV.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?