Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

lBerk

Content and entertainment oriented WEBOS tablet

Web is was great in tablets from the last use I have to date. And as always it was great on phones

The only issue I saw was that it wasn't positioned properly

From what I've seen in the new Web is tv platform is there there are key features that can be used to help this out .One issue was that. Web os didn't scale up well to tablet size

But if it can be built into 4k tvs it's definitely not a challenge.

I'd love to see entertainment oriented tablets in the market place

Running a variation of the web os tv ui if it's "ten foot ui" can be turned into

15"inch. [viewing distance of course ] user interphase it would be perfect

Also with webos tv's quirky little mouse pointer. My suggestion if it where ported over is to not get rid of it

I feel that tablets and tablet computers don't augment the intelligence of the mouse to follow the finger and it forces users to use Bluetooth mouse pointers or trackpads . Combining the mouse with dragging and long press menu eat the ux level like how it is done on the tv is a perfect solution .

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: USB Recording Issue

Why is my recording cut short. I record to a 64gb Sandisk Ultra Flash Drive that is empty, so there is plenty of space. I select the finish time as program end, and yet my recording stops before the program end. 

By pcpilot, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • LGWEBOS signange - Application gets hung and issue with regional news

Hi, I have been using webos for my signange where I render my advertisement and configured live news feeds. I have configured as follows Live National news - > Advertisements->International news->Advertisments..etc.. This is how i configured ,but noticed that application gets hung and wanted to know 1)Is webos not designed be used for such a heavy applications/rendering? 2) Malayalam fonts are not rendered properly where as it is working fine in Android. Can somebody throw some light on this ? Appreciate if someone from LG can respond as well Rgds Lijo

By Lijo, in LG webOS for Signage

• 1 reply
    • Question: YouTube app isn't working properly on LG 32LJ550B

I'm having a little problem since a few days ago, when I try to use the YouTube app it shows the start screen as always but then it don't show the videos and just grey words appear at the side as if it was the tittles and all the text in the app, I tried starting the app from my phone but it just play the sound but no video is showed. I already erased and reinstalled the app, and even disconnected the TV, I searched on Google but I can't find a way to make it work again  Anyone knows why? Or how I can fix it? Here is a Photo of how it looks

By jorge Ramos, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Date and Time needs to be set everytime

When I want to play Youtube videos, I need to set date and time every time. Even if "set automatically" option is kept selected it doesn't work. why? Is there a way out?

By Sandip Nath, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • LG selects Korbyt platform as webOS signage partner

This new combination will provide LG customers with a complete digital signage solution in the form of multi-functional displays without the need for additional external devices. The RMG Networks Korbyt platform has been selected as a webOS signage partner of global electronics giant LG. The combination will provide LG customers with a complete digital signage solution in the form of multi-functional displays without the need for additional external devices. It will also allow content managed within the Korbyt platform to be displayed directly onto webOS powered LG screens of all sizes, even mobile phones, thanks to the platform’s mobile app extension. In addition, LG’s clients already using webOS Signage can now choose to use the Korbyt platform for all their enterprise visual communications. Korbyt clients with a preference for LG webOS Signage can stay true to their choice of display hardware. Korbyt is RMG Networks’ state-of-the-art content management system for digital signage. It was developed with the aim of reinventing visual content creation, management and publishing across the widest possible range of digital end points. Featuring an intuitive user interface, including a drag-and-drop content creator, this cloud-based CMS engine enables companies to create immersive interactive visual communication applications which are reshaping customer, and employee, experiences. webOS Signage is LG’s Linux kernel-based multitasking operating system for smart devices, such as smart TVs, acting as a media player for digital signage applications. It can now leverage key capabilities of the Korbyt platform, providing users with access to a wealth of options for segmented realtime data and content visualisation around the globe. It can all be managed efficiently from one central or multiple locations via an intuitive web-based portal. Ben Johnston, vice president of product management at RMG Networks, said: “We are excited to be extending the reach of our Korbyt digital signage platform to LG webOS powered displays, and to be working with a huge company like LG. We recognise the quality, convenience, and performance that LG webOS provides to customers. “Combined with our industry-leading data integration and content creation features, customers now have access to a powerful digital signage solution without the need for an external media player. This is a game-changing development for the digital signage industry.” Source: https://www.avinteractive.com/news/business/lg-selects-korbyt-platform-webos-signage-partner-18-07-2018/

By Alex, in LG webOS for Signage

• 0 replies