Quantcast

LG please update your capable 2013 TV'S to webos

richie007bond

Question

Any word if LG will update their 2013 range to webos, my la690v is screaming out for webos, gets me mad my tv seems obsolete less than a year after I bought it, give your customers the choice to upgrade, hell I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the update to webos but something tells me my shiny fairly new tv stuck in limbo.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Hey everybody !

I have some good news right there.

I contacted LG's support through .

of my question and their response.

I'm sorry that it's in french.

Here's a translation.

Here's my question :

Dear Sir,

I recently heard that LG developped a brand new interface for its Smart TVs.
I currently have a recent 47LA620s that I bought less than 4 months ago.
The current user interface that I have is this one :

When will my Smart TV receive an update to the latest WebOS user interface ?
( )

Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,

And here's their response :

Hello Mr. ---. 

We acknowledge receipt of your email. 

We inform you that the WebOS update for your 47la620s TV will be available in June.

We remain at your disposal for any further request. 
Please accept, Sir, the assurances of our highest consideration.

According to 

link hidden, please login to view
 the 47la620s was released around March 2013.

That's sounds pretty good, huh ?

HI Alex I know it's great news, I've just fired of some questions my self to LG asking about webOS and the current range of 2013 TV'S, hopefully all 2013 duel core processors tv's should receive the webOS update after all it makes sense if LG want to keep their customers coming back and buying more of their range. I'll be picking up a 4k tv at the end of the year so if they want my returning business they hopefully won't leave their existing customers out of any future software updates.

HI Alex I know it's great news, I've just fired of some questions my self to LG asking about webOS and the current range of 2013 TV'S, hopefully all 2013 duel core processors tv's should receive the webOS update after all it makes sense if LG want to keep their customers coming back and buying more of their range. I'll be picking up a 4k tv at the end of the year so if they want my returning business they hopefully won't leave their existing customers out of any future software updates.

Well said! If you get a list, please post it up..:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I 've  sent a mail to LG UK customer support asking when will they update 2013 models to WebOs.

Here is the reply:

"Thank you for your query regarding your 42LA660V

After looking into your query, I can confirm that the new WEBOS operating for our 2014 LG Smart TV's is unique to them and that it requires certain hardware capabilities in order to work. The requirements are not met by the LA or LN ranges of TV's as they are 2013 models and have different hardware in them.
It is not a matter of a software update but actually changing the hardware inside the TV which is not possible.

Therefore, I can confirm that it the WEBOS system will not be being released for your model of TV, unfortunately.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey after this email.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards "

So ... that's that! :(

Bad news...

link hidden, please login to view

Here's the translation :

Hello Mr. ------- ---. 

In response to your mail on 12-05-2014 concerning an update for your TV to the WebOS interface.
Please do not take into account our response.
This is due to an error in our services, because only the TV models that have been released in 2014 will receive this update.
Currently, there's not any update planned to 2013 models.

We remain at your disposal for any further request. 
Please accept, Sir, the assurances of our highest consideration.

well... 'kay...

That's kinda funny, this time I didn't had the "quality-survey-thing"

Dear NICNL
I am sure your last Post is not really exact and I suppose it's an error of translation when you wrote:" only the TV models that have been released in 2014 will receive this update"
I am sure there is no update between NETCAST and WEBOS.
LG SMART TV with netcast stays in NETCAST platform
LG SMART TV with WEBOS stays in WEBOS Platform

there is no relation between this 2 Platform.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.