Quantcast

Android 4.4 KitKat available for HP TouchPad

Alex

As of mid-November, 2013 KitKat is still very much a work in progress. Developer flintman has posted a build of an Android Open Souce ROM called Evervolv at the xda-developers forum.

At this point Bluetooth doesn’t work, the stock web browser doesn’t work, and there’s a risk of data loss — and since the browser doesn’t work, you may need to create an app-specific password to login to your Google account if you use 2-step verification.

The options to reboot into recovery are also broken for now — but you can always reboot your tablet manually to get to the Moboot bootloader.

In other words, if you want to help test for bugs, go ahead and install the software. If you want a stable operating system on your HP TouchPad, you should probably wait a little while.

KitKat also takes up more space than some earlier versions of Android, so you may want a larger system partition. Developer iMarck90 has posted experimental builds of ACMEInstaller at the RootzWiki forum. It’s designed to give you larger system partitions.

Read more:

link hidden, please login to view

Sent from my iPhone using 2

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By tim p
      I have two LG C2 tv's both running OS 03.21.30. Attempts to update the OS state that this is the current version as of 12/2022.  Amazon Music won't open on either of them, the splash screen appears and that's it, for hours.  It opens fine on other devices in the house, Sony TV, PC's, and droid phones. Other streaming apps work fine with no buffering or glitches.
      The solutions offered online list instructions for clearing app caches using a series of menus that aren't even remotely close to the menus available on these TV's.  I've checked every available menu and there's absolutely nothing offering the ability to clear app caches. App Manager offers exactly two options: Launch or Delete. Others insist that you need to clear the cache from within the app but of course the app won't open so that's a dead end.  I did clear the browser cache but it had no effect this AMZN Music problem.
      So far I've also:
      Deleted and re-installed the app multiple times; Left the TV's unplugged 24+ hours; Full reboot of the router multiple times; Factory Reset of the TV's. If anyone has a solution that doesn't involve buying a fire stick I'm very interested - thanks
      (edit) one of these tv's is five feet from the router.  Distance isn't the issue.
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By bobjirous
      Hello,
      I am not able to force my new TV LG 49UN7400 to sound output only for BT - not BT headphones + internal speakers. Headphones are correctly paired, because "headphones + internal speakers" works, but I want hear sound ONLY in headphones and the choice "Bluetooth" is not active/selectable... 😕 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• By AusRob
      The built in Web Browser will not play Videos on SOME websites after updating to WebOS Version 04.40.25 and 04.40.70. The web sites otherwise work fine. Here is an example that won't play since the 04.40.25 update ... 
      link hidden, please login to view ... Please fix this LG ASAP, it's really annoying. PS. It has nothing to do with any Browser setting, I have checked all that. 
    • By JF
      Hi,
      On my new LG tv, I'm able to stream from my smartphone any Netflix videos. However, on Prime Video or Disney (plus other app), my TV isn't visible in the menu. My others tv like Sony or TCL are visible/avaible to cast. Did I miss something?