Quantcast

Android 4.4 KitKat available for HP TouchPad

Alex

As of mid-November, 2013 KitKat is still very much a work in progress. Developer flintman has posted a build of an Android Open Souce ROM called Evervolv at the xda-developers forum.

At this point Bluetooth doesn’t work, the stock web browser doesn’t work, and there’s a risk of data loss — and since the browser doesn’t work, you may need to create an app-specific password to login to your Google account if you use 2-step verification.

The options to reboot into recovery are also broken for now — but you can always reboot your tablet manually to get to the Moboot bootloader.

In other words, if you want to help test for bugs, go ahead and install the software. If you want a stable operating system on your HP TouchPad, you should probably wait a little while.

KitKat also takes up more space than some earlier versions of Android, so you may want a larger system partition. Developer iMarck90 has posted experimental builds of ACMEInstaller at the RootzWiki forum. It’s designed to give you larger system partitions.

Read more:

Sent from my iPhone using

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By Jeff Blackman
      My  TV  sound is connected to a BOSE sound system via the TV's optical output. Is it possible to connect Bluetooth hearing aids at the same time?
    • By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By Stacy_g
      I have a LG TV model 55EG9A7T and I have been trying to connect my sennheiser bluetooth headphones using the wireless sound sync for the longest time but it is not able to find the device under available devices.
      I tried to call in LG tech support - but no one seems sure whether only LG brand headphones are supported. 
      Does anyone know if only LG headphones are supported?